Page 1 of 93 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Damn you university!

Default Damn you university!

I want to go and sit outside and enjoy this beautiful weather! Instead I have to sit inside and write a 1500 word essay on behavioural innovation... and then complete my dissertation presentation... and then critically asses a research paper... and then talk about a sex ratio exercise in baboons... and then look at colour vision in primates... and then finish my dissertation...

Damn you uni!

SNAP!!

I have to do my dissertation for next week hand in and do a STOOOPID mini assignment and demo on fitness testing for a GP referral grrrr!!!

then 2 weeks off in which I have 2x 3,000 word assignments to complete for 2nd week back then 2 exams in may then DONE!!

Oh how I miss you, my symphony, played the song that carried you out.

Pft, I wish I had a bit longer, but I also wish they'd decided to ask for assignments due BEFORE week 8. Honestly, i've got three assignments for one module not due until the 18th when we've finished teaching! Course I've not started those Luckily I planned to do 400 words of my essay today (i thought it was due 12th, actually due 15th and everyone else has asked for a class extension to the 22nd!) and have done 109 so far just a basic introduction. Luckily I kinda know what I'm talking about. I just want to do my dissertation though and can't because I've got to finish everything else!

And I've got three exams!

ive got a 5k, 3k and 2 2.5k essays to due for May 18th which ive not started yet but not panicking as im on track so far and only have one lecture left ever. Then one exam late May and then i graduate scary bananas. then i start my legal practise course in august (no rest for the wicked) and somewhere in there i need to start applying for training contracts in law firms and the applications are looooooong. two years training and then im a lawyerrrrrr.
    ♥ ♥ Curly Wurly ♥ ♥
    Sponsor a Retired Racehorse Today! http://www.newbeginningshorses.org.uk/

I'd prefer essays at this point, because I can write an essay while doing other things. I'm just down to studying now. Biochemistry Lab exam on the 11th, Philosophy of Biology on the 12th, Microbial Ecology on the 18th and Biochemistry on the 26th. I just wish the professor for biochemistry lab would hurry up and give us some information about the damn exam, since it's only 5 days away.

Thankfully I've done all essays and dissertation, but that does mean I have to start revision for exams.....oh joy

I've been working on my answers for philosophy. She gave us a list of 14 questions, she says at least 8 will be on the exam and we'll have to answer 7 of them, but obviously, she's not telling us which 8 of the 14 are going to be on it.

I'm currently fighting with one question, because I have no idea what my own opinion is.
    "13. Many of the readings this term engage the question of what the relation of the biological sciences to what are sometimes called ‘the humans sciences’ (e.g., psychology, sociology, history, etc.) should be. In what respects and to what extent should evolutionary biology inform studies in the human sciences? (Be sure to draw from specific readings in your answer.)"

I already had to catch myself on another question, because I think I slipped into full on rant mode about intelligent design.

i have one exam, the lecturer is retiring at the end of this year and the law school have annoyed him in some way (he wanted an open-book exam and wasnt allowed i think), so he told us the exam questions
    ♥ ♥ Curly Wurly ♥ ♥
    Sponsor a Retired Racehorse Today! http://www.newbeginningshorses.org.uk/

Billybob sounds horrible

We've written the exam for one module (student based module) but doesn't make me feel any more confident about the answers! Luckily my first exam isn't until the end of may.

That's the thing though, it's not actually a difficult question, it's just that I can't figure out what I think about it! I think that might end up being my answer - "I don't know, and here's why I don't know..."

I've already got this one done (which was the rant on intelligent design):
    12. Throughout the term we have seen many instances where metaphysical commitments, political views and historical contingencies have influenced evolutionary biology. Can we expect or hope that evolutionary biology will ever be free of such influences? Be sure to consider specific examples in your answer (and feel free to focus on only one type of non-empirical influence, that is metaphysical influences or political influences or historical influences).

And this one:
    14. Many of the topics discussed this term position monistic approaches to biological explanation against pluralistic approaches to biological explanation. Choosing at least two topics as examples of this debate, explain whether you think in general monistic or pluralistic approaches to explanation in the biological sciences should be preferred.

****** philosophy!