Page 2 of 93 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Damn you university!

Ponders if I should find a clip of baboons doing the deed under the glorious rays from our sun! Make you realise what hot weather you have been missing today!!

See I care don't I?
    Let me enlighten you, this is the way I pray...

I'm actually feeling very accomplished today as I now have 750 words of a 2000 word Portuguese essay written
    Whoever suggested chipping away at it (was it BillyBob???), you have no idea how much it has helped me! I'm hoping to have it done by Sunday and, as I don't have classes on Friday or Saturday it feels well within my grasp

It was me, and you're welcome! My first year of university was a bit of a wake up call in that I had totally skated through high school getting fantastic marks with just about no work. When faced with hours of reading, assignments and a 1200 word essay due every second week, I had to rethink my lack of work ethic. The 1200 word essay became "4-300-word-essays-strung-together." I would tell myself "Okay, I will write 300 words, then leave it for tonight. Then I'll write another 300 words tomorrow night," etc. So that's how I approach all my university work now. So last night, I did well thought out answers to two of my philosophy questions. Tonight I'll do another two, and set aside an hour or two for studying for biochemistry.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    It was me, and you're welcome! My first year of university was a bit of a wake up call in that I had totally skated through high school getting fantastic marks with just about no work. When faced with hours of reading, assignments and a 1200 word essay due every second week, I had to rethink my lack of work ethic. The 1200 word essay became "4-300-word-essays-strung-together." I would tell myself "Okay, I will write 300 words, then leave it for tonight. Then I'll write another 300 words tomorrow night," etc. So that's how I approach all my university work now. So last night, I did well thought out answers to two of my philosophy questions. Tonight I'll do another two, and set aside an hour or two for studying for biochemistry.
    That is exactly what I've been going for - 300 words a day. That way, if I go over I feel very proud of myself
    When I was in sixth form I used to be able to trot out a 2000 word essay in a day and get brilliant marks. My work ethic has sadly gone downhill the more time I spend at uni, to the extent that I can now hardly write anything. Goodness knows what 4th year will be like!

Quote Originally Posted by travs View Post
    Ponders if I should find a clip of baboons doing the deed under the glorious rays from our sun! Make you realise what hot weather you have been missing today!!

See I care don't I?
    B*tch

I can't believe how beautiful it was cycling home from work too! Obviously no sun, but beautiful clear sky, bright moon and stars and it was warm too! Feeling very much like summer

It's warm there? B*tch. We hit 10C yesterday, but it was so damn windy and raniy that it wasn't fit to do anything outside - I was planning on running yesterday afternoon, but I didn't like the idea of trying to run uphill in 100k+ winds.

Today it's sunny and less windy, but only 6C.

It hit about 18-20 I think, nearly got up to 23 in kent!

Billybob you have just motivated me to start one of my reports, Ive set a target of 200 words for tonight, i might feel like im actually getting somewhere if i try this approach

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn View Post
    B*tch
    Aww - you care too!

Maybe I should get your fella to tell you off for such foul language coming from your mouth!
    Let me enlighten you, this is the way I pray...

You think that's foul...