Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Signs of late pregnancy?

no, but I'll get some tomorrow, no way of contacting A, her passport is incredibly out-dated.

What would I do with the foal? God knows!
    There's a massive stable I'll rent if they need it, Zara's already had three so she's had experience, and each time has been a fab. mum.
    I'd obviously look after it until it was weaned, then I have no idea.
    The YO and her family breed horses, so there are people on hand, infact I could get them to look at her aswell as the vet maybe?

Has vet been??? If not and she hasnt been examined I would recommend this before speculation

Listen, smile, agree and then do whatever the hell you were going to do anyway.

I said we were going to call the vet, wont be open until Tuesday though.
    I'd rather speculate and start preparing than play it dumb and know SFA when I find out

Nothing constructive at all Beth (sorry ) but do vets really close on bank holidays?? I could be being thick, but what if there was an emergency? Or do they just have emergency on-call vets? And if it was just bank holiday, they would be open tomorrow? Sorry if this just me being haha, just had to ask .

I don't know, I've never contacted an equine vet All I know is my dogs' vet closes weekends and bank holidays, although they have an emergency service....

I would be tempted to contact them tomorrow, just in case? You can only try . I'm not sure either tbh, I would just be surprised if they weren't open, you can never know what horses will do haha.

ours would be open tomorrow x

They may not be taking routine appointments though, just doing emergency call outs. I'm not sure one more day will make a difference tbh

You will pay a fortune for a vet on a Bank Holiday! It's not really an emergency, a couple of extra days won't make a difference.

Oops cross-posted with HR!

Does tomorrow count as a bank holiday? I don't know as it's not an 'urgent' case and you aren't really worried about it then yeah, as said above, you could leave till Tuesday no problem and just keep an eye on her .