Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Signs of late pregnancy?

If there are any problems, the vet is literally across the road from the yard, so they should be able to get there pretty sharpish
    It will cost a fortune to call them out for an emergency, and I'd rather not do that (unless of course I needed to) so will call them on tuesday

Looking at the pictures I took today, I'd say it's grass/gas, although I'm too embarrassed to post them due to her size

Quote Originally Posted by Beth&Cleo View Post
    Looking at the pictures I took today, I'd say it's grass/gas, although I'm too embarrassed to post them due to her size
    There are a lot of experienced breeders on here, who will be able to give a more educated speculation if they see pictures based on her shape etc and perhaps guide you with more advice on what to do if they believe she is in foal before the vet can come out.
    But y'know, if you're too embarrassed incase they just say she's fat then ....
    Only when things do not interest one, can one give a really unbiased opinion; no doubt the reason why an unbiased opinion is absolutely valueless.

fine

see, fat isn't she

Looking at her I would assume she's got a bun in the oven, based on a mare we got on our old yard who sounded the exact same - she's due next week!
    But then, you know what assuming does...makes and ass out of me and u!

She was a completely different horse today, usually she's really people friendly but this morning she was trying to bit me and kept lunging for me, we were only doing groundwork which she's done hundreds of times no problem

It could be hormonal. This can be a funny time of year for some mares, ours has a 6-8 week period of spring where she is much more a moo than normal. If you've ruled out discomfort somewhere in her body, that is a possibility. Also, if she turns out to be heavily pregnant she may be a bit fed up generally

I had an arab with a huge tummy but not pregnant, I'll see if I can find a pic.

Years later and very sadly, it proved that she had a stomach tumour that grew to an enormous size and I had her pts. It was probably an internal melamona as she was grey

Rosie in a resticted paddock and looking slim for her, she was always fat as she was retired following a field accident and couldn't be exercised.

Does your mares stomach look lopsided, as if a foal is lying more on one side.
    [SIGPIC][CENTER][/CENTER][/SIGPIC]

She looks like this:

That's about as square as she can stand due to a past injury, but she is considerably bigger on one side than the other

I assume you aren't going to ride her now until you know? Did you not get her checked at vetting if there was any possible chance since she'd been in with a stallion?