Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Side Saddle Comp today

Default First Side Saddle Comp today

The day started early and as I pulled into the yard at 6.50 lorries were already pulling up.Heucherella and I tacked up and went off for anh hours hack to wchool mischief enroute. Back at the yard I mucked out, bathed him and plaited up (a fellow livery helped) I then went to clean my saddle and before I knew it Heucherella was back as was my instructor. Then started the getting ready! Heucherella did my bun, whilst my instructor tacked up and double checked my outfit.

I got on and Mischief was very lively, it was blowing a hooly and a metal sheet on the indoor school was making a racket. I went in to my class and I was the only one!

Mischief was petrified of the metal sheet (even though he has heard it before and hated one end of the ring) We got round and did our individual show before having our turnout checked. Then a 2nd competitor came in (she had been riding the same amount of time ss as me, we did the group wtc again and she did her show.

We won!! We also won the turnout prize, she said my bun needed to be tighter but I was immaculate. So I got 3 rosettes and 5 points (10 and you qualify for nationals) She asked me to enter the best horse side saddle class, I wasn't keen but she persuaded me. Well Mischief lost the plot and misbehaved terribly and I retired I wanted to end on a high.

All in all I am pleased, he was naughty and a bit nappy but I kept a smile on my face and the judge was complimentary.

I am not sure I can do another one without the back up of everyone, I had an entourage. So huge thanks to S(fellow livery who helped plait), M her husband who took over 300 photos of us (he is a photographer), H my instructor, M her daughter, C (h's mum) for the loan of the bridle and bowler, Noodle and T for the photos and support, Virago for the hair help and support, OH for coming to watch and lastly but not leastly Heucherella for being a great friend as well as doing my hair.

Now for the vids and pics (these ones taken by Heucherella)

Mr Ben anyone?

Norty pony! vid

vid

no-one died of a fast trot
    A member of the Secret Sausage Society

Thats brill well done Both looking very smart indeed x

you two look amazing, I think it's great you are doing SS and I'm really keen to keep up with your progress. He does look spectacular!

He looks stunning and you both look so smart! I've got such admiration for the side saddle riders I see at shows- I love watching their classes!

Ohh looking very smart Well done. How did you cope with his napping in a side saddle?

Their beauty captures every eye, a gift from God for all mankind, they lend us wings so we may fly, to ride a horse is to ride the sky

Touchstone Floinn - Purebred graded ID stallion available for stud.

Rest In Peace Minstrel. 08.03.1998 - 31.01.2013 I will love you forever my own black beauty.
    Rest in Peace Stranduff Nichol 08.05.2014 - 19.11.2015 Goodnight little man.

You look stunning! Well done

It was a long, tiring day, but I wouldn't have missed it for anything . Wibble looked perfect, and Mischief was so shiny and clean. Keeping him clean was interesting, and he was slobbering constantly, and the wind was splattering him, her, and everyone else with gobs of foam, so we were all frantically mopping bits off everything until she went in the ring! It is an incredibly detailed turnout - so many things have to be just right. We were all running around with cloths, baby oil, combs, sponges, scissors, you name it!

I am so incredibly proud of Wibble, especially as Mischief was living up to his name at the beginning. No hat, no airjacket, and no BP. Sidesaddle is so different from riding astride, and she has come so far in a short time.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel View Post
    Ohh looking very smart Well done. How did you cope with his napping in a side saddle?
    quite well I felt safe but I cant pony club kick him sadly to get him to move forward!

a couple more lovely photos from noodle

You did so well, and boy did both you and mischief look the part, it was VERY windy and you did so well, especially as you was next to the exercise area.
    Such a lovely yard to hold a show and I even got to see the gypsy cobs too.
    Very proud of you, only downside is that T decided she wants a go at sidesaddle.

Mother always told me honesty is the best policy, but for most the truth hurts.