Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Side Saddle Comp today

Wow you look absolutely stunning, SS is deffo up your street!!

Well done you have put in alot of hard work and its obviously paying off

Quote Originally Posted by Heucherella View Post

I am so incredibly proud of Wibble, especially as Mischief was living up to his name at the beginning. No hat, no airjacket, and no BP. Sidesaddle is so different from riding astride, and she has come so far in a short time.
    ^^^ This! It was wonderful to see Wibble looking so immaculate and 'correct'. The judge commented on it and it was no surprise they won Best Turned Out.

Noodle - those pics are great. SS looks especially good in black and white!
    Wholesome & tasty biscuits & treats for your dog www.thehandmadedogbiscuitcompany.co.uk

Wow, well done, you both look fantastic. You must feel shattered now after putting in so much effort

Looking really good- I'm so impressed with how expert you look considering how recently you started.

Lovely that you had such a good support crew too

Well done!you both look very smart x
    12hh 5 yr old gelding for sale, message me for details

Well done, you both look great!

RIP Adam - 25th October 1990- 8th October 2012

wow you look amazing i'd love to try SS - v jealous lol!
    really well done you

Wow, it seams like only yesterday you were starting to ride SS, and now you're competing!!!!

You look very smart and professional - Well Done!!!

one last photo of team Mischief

I am well aware of the debate raging on photos of people riding without suitable hats. I would like to point out that I always wear a proper hat when riding side saddle or astride apart from this one particular class. I didn't do it lightly. The bowler I am wearing is a proper riding bowler that fits me perfectly but I am aware it is not to current standards and it doesn't have a strap and therefore is more of a risk, I am not trying to defend my behaviour. Under 16's are expected to wear a proper helmet in this class. Not wearing a proper hat does not make you cool.

Anyway thank you for all your lovely comments.
    no-one died of a fast trot
    A member of the Secret Sausage Society

I am only new to the forum so just saw your posts now .
    You both look great ..I have just started learning to ride side saddle and I LOVE it !! It took a few attempts to feel really secure but now, I feel like I could ride around securely without the feeling of wobbling from side to side !! I can't wait to get out there and enter some competitions .. this late in the season though , It will be next year .

Where did you get your saddle and habit from ? Your saddles looks like an Owen ? I really love your horse , for some reason I always think that bays look the part for side saddle much more than any other colour LOL .. Any more photos or videos would love to see them ..I must get a few videos of myself as well to post so that we can compare but judging by your videos you will definitely look better than me .