Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Western Riding in Hampshire

Default Western Riding in Hampshire

Does anyone know of anywhere? My OH has decided he would like to have a go at western riding...I know of a few places but would rather get some personal recommendations.

Ruskii and I went to burley villa for western hack. Couldn't say how good they would be for western lessons. Won't do western again though as felt like sitting on a table and hard to feel the horse underneath. Didn't like the stiff reins either. Worth the try though.

How was their hack? Is it only for experienced riders? J has ridden a tiny bit and is one of these sickeningly natural people. Had rising trot in about 2 seconds!

Sedate and more a beginner ride.they took you in the school to practice steering and stopping before you go out. Great for us to gossip on as it was only Ruskii and I. Aimed at non regulars at the school so obviously very tame.

Not western but Tess is always available for pony rides

He likes Tess, he says she looks like a war horse I'm not sure how many war horses hes seen, but still

I went somewhere in the newforest I think and my pony was called Coyote. I had the best one in the place apparently. It was quite a cool horse I liked it.

Really helpful Pipsqueak, I will ring every riding place and ask if they have a cool pony called Coyote

I went somewhere in the Newforest, near Burley I think... possibly... xx

Do it!! I think this place was near burley too. Or builea. If thats a place?