Thread: Eeeek - bought a little lorry

Default Eeeek - bought a little lorry

It will either be an ebay bargain or a money pit

Went to see 2 this weekend and decided to go for a low bid on one, and won it for 1800. L Reg 3.5t Leyland 400. Needs some work (need to reorganise the partition as well as have a good tidy up etc) but seems basically sound but MOT runs out soon so we'll soon find out! I do have 2k spare to spend on it at least.

Nervous.com but also excited

Hopefully be mobile this summer (or alternatively bankrupt )

(and before anyone mentions payload on 3.5t- I am only going to be travelling my 14.2hh and very occasionally another pony)

Ooooh exciting!
    That's kinda what I ended up doing after a while of unsuccessful searching! Get used to chewing your nails down to the quick during every MOT and service!

In true acw295 style I only looked at 2 but then I only looked at 1 pony and bought her lol! She turned out to be the best thing since sliced bread so hoping the theme continues!

I did take my dad (who is fairly mechanical) and friend (who has owned many lorry's and knows a good one from a bad one) for advice and we decided that it was worth a punt.

I don't expect it to be plain sailing but it has a fairly new ramp (which I can lift) and the floor appears ok from what you can see underneath. The rust seems mainly cosmetic although wouldn't be surprised if some welding required.

Just have to find somewhere to get MOT done - my family mechanic (owner of teeny backstreet garage and totally fab) can't do van MOT because of his ramp or something....

I will get a number for MOT's the groom who used to be at Georges OH does them and is fab!!

Also, I will now be after you for lifts too
    [FONT="Arial Narrow"][COLOR="purple"][B]Proud owner of Mr B - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3FBAmksF8M[/url][/B][/COLOR][/FONT]

Brillaint. Being mobile, offers a whole new set of riding opportunities. Enjoy muchly

Quote Originally Posted by Soot View Post
    Ooooh exciting!
    That's kinda what I ended up doing after a while of unsuccessful searching! Get used to chewing your nails down to the quick during every MOT and service!
    Been there, it's always hit and miss

Enjoy! I just bought a lorry - so far spent 800 just on mechanics (and this was after an inspection by a mechanic and having no MOT advisories!). Mine is 6 tonne though, so more expensive to keep going.

One thing missing - pictures! Hint hint
    Fjords - the best pony in the world!