Thread: What to travel in for a long(ish) journey?

Default What to travel in for a long(ish) journey?

Flash is making his way down to Milton Keynes some time this week. It is approx 3-3 1/2 hours so will be longest journey both me and him have ever made in the box!

So what does he need to travel in? Will he be okay in his usual boots, tail bandage and tail guard?

Thank you xx

bump

Short answer - Yes, he will be fine!
    Not sure what else you would want to put on him really, unless he sweats up a lot in which case you could use a light wicking sheet to stop him getting a chill.

Yes He'll be fine

Same as snowpony said. You might want to stop half way to check on him and offer some water but I wouldn't unload him to do this.

Sounds about right - wouldn't even put on a cooler/wick-away as not going to be cold enough to be a problem
    Visit Mico

He is used to travelling on a regular basis (at least once a week) so we're not too worried about him sweating up or getting stressed but someone at the yard said not to travel him in boots and put on bandages and gamgee instead? My bandaging skills are awful so I'd rather boot him up!

Rent a car in Dubai Dubai is famous for its outstanding brilliance and exquisite elegance. At present, it is one of the most prominent business centers of the world*...

Mine travel with nothing.
    They have a haynet. Water stops and we also give them pink powder in their food.

We travelled fine from Shetland to Aberdeen - 14 hour ferry trip at night
    Stopped off in Aberdeen for an hour to walk them round and stretch their legs and back in the box after a feed and .....
    Then Aberdeen to Spalding, Lincs - 12 hour drive.

They were fine. Walked out the box and into field and were totally fine. One Icelandic horse and a Shetland pony for company.
    Windows open all the way. Fans in the back during the ferry trip to keep the air circulating.
    No bandages, rugs, nothing. Lots of shavings for the pooing and peeing.

Same on the way back a few days later.