Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hacking alone....

I've got similar issues in that I know Phil and I can hack out, and even if we have spooky moment we will be fine, but I find myself making excuses. Perhaps if we had lovely places to hack I'd feel slightly different but I find that hacking on main roads is only enjoyable for so long, especially when you get dumper trucks etc which your horse doesn't like! I've never had anyone to hack out with though so I think it's a case of being nervous in general, rather than being nervous about being alone. Going out in company tomorrow so we shall see if I feel different!

Thanks....

Robyn, I love hacking in company and if I don't get my minimum two hacks in each week, I feel deprived

Wibble - thinking about it I don't ride in the school alone either... just the once a week for my lesson (not good a schooling inbetween ).

I have to hack out alone, a hack to most people around here is a quick plod around the block! I love going out on my own, at least two hours, Ben is much more forward going I suppose it depends who you are with lol,

Its nice to go out with someone different, but the same people, ( unless they are super nice and interesting lol ) would drive me insane!

Its lovely where you are Karen, small steps is a great idea, but only do what you feel comfortable with...........you're doing great and you are a lovely rider!

I love to hack alone, it's what I was born to do.

I ride during the day on weekdays and very few people are about then and that suits me. The countryside and lack of people is my major reason for her being 12.5 miles from my house as I live in a built up area.

I make sure I have my phone but nobody knows where I am going, hell, I don't know where I'm going until I get there! It does concern me sometimes that the signal is so patchy. I'd be happier if it wasn't.

My time with my ponies is all about me and them and I tend to resent it when I do see another person as it intrudes. I guess I'm so relaxed about it because that's how I learnt to ride, on hacks and had no school.

Thinking about it, Joy isn't spooky, she's just gets startled. She pretty easy if you're confident.

I must be odd, because I actually feel more confident & enjoy it more hacking alone than in company!

No pressure as to where you go, how fast you go etc etc, and I love exploring and finding new routes with just my horse to chat to. He's the best company I could get anyway

I LOVE solo hacking although oddly enough it was one of the few things that I'd never actually tried Henry with before I bought him (bearing in mind I had six months to try things out and I tried EVERYTHING!).

I'm quite fussy about who I hack out with in company as I'm a control freak thankfully new yard has good hacking buddies!

I think I'd be better out by myself, I could chat away to my horse to take my mind off my nerves without feeling like an idiot