Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hacking alone....

Ed your confidence is coming on in leaps!!!! I know what you mean I always have to talk myself into going alone but lately I have had to cos one of my hacking buddies has moved her horse home for few months so I have had to. You do get more confident and the other day I was out for nearly 2 hours plodding round the countryside, even went home and had to hack back over a metal railway bridge when the train came!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ed View Post

Personally, I enjoy human company, so long hacking alone will never be on my agenda. But, I do feel that I want to be able to do it if J can. J feel progress is happening!!
    I've recently started hacking on my own, and I'm the same as you, I like company and thought it would be boring on my own with no one to gossip with - but I love it
    Went to do a short route the other day, but was enjoying it so much I just carried on going - was out for 1.5 hours in the end

Quote Originally Posted by Sisco View Post
    Ed your confidence is coming on in leaps!!!! I know what you mean I always have to talk myself into going alone but lately I have had to cos one of my hacking buddies has moved her horse home for few months so I have had to. You do get more confident and the other day I was out for nearly 2 hours plodding round the countryside, even went home and had to hack back over a metal railway bridge when the train came!!
    Well done Sisco - 2hrs alone - that's brilliiant. At the moment I don't need to hack alone, as I have enough people to ride with, but it's good to do it once a week. What's really shocking is the last couple of times, I just haven't felt nervous at all (weird!) and I've enjoyed it.

Well done Mr.Ed, small steps and you will build your confidence in no time. No doubt you'll be taking yourself out for hacks and properly enjoying it soon enough

I had a disaster hacking alone with Taffy, which makes me quite nervy when out alone. Having a much better time with Bob. He does plant on occasion, which is frustrating, but can be lead past scary things (usually the same spot each time ). It's just nice knowing the most he will do is stop. Even had our first few canters round fields alone, so i must be getting more confident!

Hoilday cottage in Teesdale- www.thecote.co.uk

Well done Lolly-Lu - so pleased it's working out with Bob. You need to post some pics of him :-)

ShireLovingGirl - well, I shall certainly keep an open mind and see where we end up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ed View Post
    Well done Lolly-Lu - so pleased it's working out with Bob. You need to post some pics of him :-)
    Thank you, i will update our diary soon. I'm slacking a bit. Can't say we've done anything too interesting other than hacking and lessons.. and i broke my camera in on Sunday

Hoilday cottage in Teesdale- www.thecote.co.uk

Well done. Its one of the things I absolutely love about riding. Me and my boy can hack out alone for hours. I do like some company now and again but I do love hacking out just the two of us

Well done, I must admit apart from a little trip round the blocks I havent had the chance to hack Grace out alone since we moved yards, but I found her more responsive when we went out on our own and listened to me, I used to build up my routes.

Keep up the good work, and before you know it you will be out for hours xx

I find that people who learnt in riding schools that didn't take them hacking are always more nervous. Personally I feel safer hacking than in an outside arena, I have been jumped out the arena far too many times in my life to feel safe. I love hacking with other people but equally mischief and I love a good saunter on our own, I chat, sing, count and think. It's the best bonding time we have just us. You are doing really well with ed looking forward to meeting superpony at camp
    no-one died of a fast trot
    A member of the Secret Sausage Society