Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Major lesson report (photos)

Default Major lesson report (photos)

Well considering he's had 5 days off as i've been away for a few days (nothing exciting un-fotunately!) i wasn't too positive about how it would go, and did warn the instructor he may be a little fresh!

And he earnt some brownie points by calling to me and running to me when i went to get him from the field, so really no matter what he'd done he would of been in the good books!

We worked on lot's of things, even tried some leg yield, which for a bone idle ginger pony is very difficult. Going off your leg isn't his strong point! So we'll work on that! But his walk and trot is so much better, much more consistent and seems to be getting the idea. Canter is still weak but it is at least not flat out. It'll come in time my instructor explained that with him once he learns to canter he'll find it easier and WANT to canter, compared it to learning to do a rising trot once you know what your doing it's much easier. But i don't know we'll see, he isn't easy though!

Here are some stills from today!

Looking positively growed up!

At this point RI had told me to get up off his back, hence why i'm half way up! Gives you an idea of how slung out he gets... and this is an improvement!

Then a couple of circles forward and down, i have to praise him by giving the rein when he responds with the idea being he'll figure it's easier to go low than high eventually!

Clever ginge!

Told you there was a big cheesey grin!

A couple of minor bloopers hehe

And just for a comparison, this is one of the better photos from our first ever lesson a few months ago.

Enjoy!

Lovely pictures, I really like him, I am awful at not knowing ponies on here and as I don't have briadband it isn't often I get to load picture posts.

Very n ice boy, my type of ponio!!

He looks like a different horse - massive credit to you!

He's lookinmg great well done you
    HRH's canter took ages to come so I can sympathise!

Looking great, you can see more and more improvement all the time, well done!
    [center][IMG]http://i598.photobucket.com/albums/tt70/loveshorses/dxjrt1.jpg[/IMG][/center]

Major
    He's looking ace, clever boy! And he looks a lot stronger and more mature than he does in the 'before' picture

He looks great, much more mature than the before picture! Well done

Thank you everyone, i'm very pleased with him he's such a clever boy!

You guys look great together. It's hard sometimes to remind yourself that things will improve. It never seems to come together fast enough.

Wow, this an old thread..

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk

Sleep tight my darling boy, 06/05/1997 - 29/03/2016