Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Nice Markings' On A Coloured?

Default 'Nice Markings' On A Coloured?

I often get told that Tia has really nice markings. I'm glad people like her but I've never really thought there were good and bad markings? Whats the difference between them and what makes markings good or bad? Is it if they're evenly marked or something else?
    And if anyone has examples/pictures of what's good and what isn't that'd be fab.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

people like things to be symmetrical, its been scientifically proven that its pleasing to the eye, the 'pretty' people are subconciously the ones with symmetrical faces etc... so even markings are good. Also not too much of one colour, so breaking up solid lumps of colour seems to make the horse look 'better' marked

I entered a colour and markings class at a Bspa show recently and most desirable is 50/50 colour and white and even on both sides. I think it also comes down to personal choice, some people dont like too much white or where the colours aren't evenly defined (smudging of colour into white), wall eyes etc.

Personally I think it's simply a mark of personal preference tbh. Myself, I like coloured horses to have about 50-50 between colour and white... I don't like them mostly the colour with only little bits of white, nor mostly white with only little bits of colour. I don't care if their markings are symmetrical or not, in fact I prefer random ones!

I always thought my old mare was nicely marked for a coloured but was probably being slightly biased! Lol

Show us some pics of Tia's markings

I think Jaffa's markings are a bit rubbish, but I love that his face is coloured with a blaze, rather than predominantly white.
    I think Laura's Harvey has really nice markings

I was of the opinion that the more dark the better but only to a point as enough white to be worthwhile. Does that make any sense?

For example..

My Kali, good coloured..

Darcy, bad coloured! Her breeder only sold her to me as she wasn't show coloured standard. Doesn't bother me one bit!

'Like' my Facebook page for offers and more information! http://www.facebook.com/PollyGodsafeMcTimoneyEssex

Totally depends on the judge of the day
    - I like symmetry & and I personally prefer a white horse with clean-cut coloured patches as opposed to a dark horse with bits of white!

When i see a coloured i think is nicely marked, i like even markings on the legs, symmetry and clean cut edges to the colours too
    Native pony addict!

I like Rose's markings, but then again I'm biased!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/JuniperZ/Dunkery%20Hoopoe/Hoopysignature.jpg