Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 'Nice Markings' On A Coloured?

I can see it. I just though it was nicandcaptain having a joke! Will try pressing like to see what happens.

Ha, nicandcaptain how did you do that?!

Robyn, that horse has just broken my too much white rule.

Really like how he is marked, too much white for me normally but the black is so different it's lovely.

I used to know a cob with a medicine hat and really really loved it, looked like someone put a bowler hat on his head!

I like colour with white rather than white with colour and don't like smudges or speckles - nice clean lines between the colour and the white.

Mickey is a bay Tovero

I like his colouring BUT he does have alot of white for alot of judges but was placed 1st and got ridden champion at our last show so he can't be that bad haha!! Too much white for my liking though, if I get another coloured it will be like Harvey (lauras cob)

R.I.P Mickey - 1996 - 31st May 2012

I think Flynn has fairly common markings, nothing eye catching, but I much prefer his side with more brown:

compared to

A nicely marked horse to me would be one with more colour than white and nice, clean markings (the coloured patches on flynn's flanks go roan at times, which I don't think is 'nice') that is fairly balanced. And I like unusual, unique markings as well.

I sound like I'm slating flynn haha - I personally think he's a handsome horse but just wouldn't consider him as a horse with nice markings :P

RIP Adam - 25th October 1990- 8th October 2012

Sorry I dont know what I did to get all of the thanks and likes for this post.

Quality horses and ponies for sale. http://www.bourtonvaleequestrian.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by holly&mickey View Post
    Mickey is a bay Tovero

I like his colouring BUT he does have alot of white for alot of judges but was placed 1st and got ridden champion at our last show so he can't be that bad haha!! Too much white for my liking though, if I get another coloured it will be like Harvey (lauras cob)

You don't need to get him a fly veil, his markings do it for you

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    You don't need to get him a fly veil, his markings do it for you

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdTimeLucky View Post
    I was of the opinion that the more dark the better but only to a point as enough white to be worthwhile. Does that make any sense?

For example..

My Kali, good coloured..

]
    Im not a fan of coloured horses however if I did buy one Id be looking for a Kali lookalike!