Thread: Grand Prix SJ - photos galore!

Default Grand Prix SJ - photos galore!

My new camera has been on a number of showjumping outings this month including two Grand Prix classes at the Normandy Horse Show, one was 1.40m and one was 1.50m, lots of the top French riders and also a good turnout of internationals. So anyway here's another photo fest for your delectation (or whatever the word is!)

The first jump in one class was the big red wall. For most of the 4-fault rounds, this was the one that came down. My boss also encountered it in the classes she did there during that week (not so big though!), and there were lots of knockdowns with it in her classes too. We are wondering if maybe the colours put the horses off and they can't see the green blocks for some reason - any thoughts?

Anyway I digress

My royal chum, Sheikha Latifah of Dubai ((I have met her in the warmup on several occasions now when she's been competing with my boss, the first time we met I told her about my travels & last time I saw her she actually came over specifically to make a joke about me still being in the same place ))

And her cousin (horrible little man, about 5' tall and long curly greasy hair, yuck!)

And finally, some members of the Annette Lewis Leg Appreciation Society The first one, Benjamin, is one of the best Young Horse riders in northern France and has produced tons of great 4-year-olds, is renouned for being able to sit ANYTHING and is offered more youngsters to compete than he actually has time to ride. But he has a very unique style like Annette Lewis, his legs have a mind of their own and sometimes - as you can see from these pics - he is barely in contact with the horse at all, bar his hands and maybe the tips of his knees I will try to get a video of him one day as he is great fun to watch!

And a couple of Benjamin wannabes

Again, sorry for the MAJOR photo overload but I hope you enjoyed

LMAO those legs!! I feel so much better about mine now. Great pics

Those leg make me feel OK about my jumping position - shame its only over 2/3'!!! lovely photos though J

Fantastic pictures, love the black horse (riders wearing a red jacket) its beautiful! Those jumps are hugeeeeee!
    Run free flora xxx

pmsl that really made me smile looking at the dodgy leg photos!!

brill pics, im starting to wonder that i wasted my money on the wrong camera!

I don't think i'm ever going to worry about my leg position again after seeing those

Some great photos
    If I had nothing but I still had my horse and my Teddy, I'd still have everything I ever needed.

Indy.