Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rolo does Le Trec

Default Rolo does Le Trec

Today, Mummy took me and my best friend Mischief and his mummy out to play. We didn't have to stand in the rattly box for very long, then we were allowed out into a big grassy field. Mummy and Aunty K put our tack on, and ran around a lot, playing hide and seek, I think. Then Mischief trod on the end of his shiny yellow necklace while Aunty K was putting it on, and it broke. Aunty K called Mischief names, and I had to put my hooves over my ears!

Then we went and rode around the field for a bit with lots of other horses, which was a bit boring, and then Mischief had to go off. We watched him canter round a track, but it looked no fun as he was only allowed to go slowly. And they must have gone the wrong way, as Aunty K then made him walk all the way back!

Slow canter/fast walk corridor

Then Mischief had to go do some other stuff, and Mummy made me canter along the track, but we went much faster so it was more fun! Mummy did give me pats at the end and said I was a good boy for not trotting. We had to walk back round the track too - you think these humans would know where they wanted to go, wouldn't you? And we were in a hurry apparently, as mummy kept kicking me on, but I got more pats at the end, so I must have been a good boy.

Next we trotted down a line of poles

Bending

Mummy couldn't decide which side she wanted to ride, so kept making me change sides! I decided this would be much easier at a walk, but mummy didn't agree and shouted at me , so we had to go back to trot. No pats

Finally some fun - a little jump

then I had to squeeze between two poles, at trot!

It is all right for these little ponies with teensy feet - I had to try really hard to fit my proper horse feet in that gap. (Pats )

Then we walked between more poles, but Mummy changed her mind at the end, and made me walk backwards .

Rein back

I tried, but the poles kept getting in my way, and I was tripping over them, so we trotted on to the next field.

Then Mummy wanted to make me trot between two huge white posts, and there was a nasty branch thing just at her height. She would have been hit, so I stopped and saved her . She tried to make me do it again, and said it was like the low branches we trot under out hacking, but it didn't look like that to me, so I wouldn't. Eventually she gave up and agreed with me that it was safer to go round

Next we walked through some poles

I touched one with my hoof, but just once, honest

Then we had bit of blue plastic to jump, yay!

Mummy then made me walk over this pole

But then she stopped me while the pole was underneath me where I couldn't see it, and tried to get me to walk sideways. Silly Mummy, how was I supposed to do that? I did try, honest....

Next Mummy said 'gate', and grabbed a bit of rope

I couldn't see a gate though, so turned round a bit to look for one. Mummy then shifted me over a bit and put the rope back, and was very very pleased with me. I have no idea why, as I couldn't see that darned gate anywhere.

More jumpy fun - two this time, and at a canter too

Then we trotted in a circle, but Mummy had to hold a bit of rope - maybe she thought she would get lost??

Maypole

After that Mummy got off, and led me through two more sets of poles, the first ones she changed her mind at the end again , and made me go back. She was very insistent, so I was a good boy and did it for her. (Pats ) The second set we just trotted through

Then Mummy stopped me, and left me, and went and hid behind me.....I just took the opportunity to eat the lovely grass.

Immobility

Then Mummy climbed back on

Mount from a block

and we trotted back to the rattly box, and Mummy gave me lots of pats and love. We found Aunty K and Mischief, who were back before us, but I think Mischief didn't want to play today, and Aunty K wasn't very happy with him.

After a bit of a rest and some grass, Mummy tied lots of bits and bobs all over me, and then we went for a nice long ride. Lots of nice cantery bits, a couple of bits where Mummy really didn't seem to know where she was going, and a few places where we had to stop and chat to some nice ladies, and have a rest. It was beautiful, but I was quite tired by the time we got back, but mummy gave me tasty treats, and a big drink. Then finally we went home.

I enjoyed it, even if Mummy did want me to do some very silly things!

Fabulous, and well done Rolo for thinking for yourself and tackling the obstacles sensibly, especially going round the low poles!

Sounds like a fab day, I so want to try trec! Can't belive this whole post has no Rolo photos though!

Haha well done. I love trec......BUT
    I don't believe you took the horses, looks like you were having too much fun pretending!!!!!! :-))))))))))

Quote Originally Posted by Sisco View Post
    Haha well done. I love trec......BUT
    I don't believe you took the horses, looks like you were having too much fun pretending!!!!!! :-))))))))))
    Honest we took the horses.....but we went the night before to walk the course, and that's when we took the pics. Wibble did a good job as a stand in horse, didn't she? We were far too rushed today to take pics - Wibble may have one or two from the orienteering bit, but that's all. Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Heucherella View Post
    Honest we took the horses.....but we went the night before to walk the course, and that's when we took the pics. Wibble did a good job as a stand in horse, didn't she? We were far too rushed today to take pics - Wibble may have one or two from the orienteering bit, but that's all. Sorry
    I should think so too! Sounds like good fun, well done Rolo....and to Mischief....there's always another day!

Ohh that looks like fun. I would dread the get on bit though!! Well done

Their beauty captures every eye, a gift from God for all mankind, they lend us wings so we may fly, to ride a horse is to ride the sky

Touchstone Floinn - Purebred graded ID stallion available for stud.

Rest In Peace Minstrel. 08.03.1998 - 31.01.2013 I will love you forever my own black beauty.
    Rest in Peace Stranduff Nichol 08.05.2014 - 19.11.2015 Goodnight little man.

WOW that looks like much fun!! have no idea what George would do if faced with all of that! Would love to try it one day! x

Well done Rolo. Mummies can be so daft sometimes - pleased you saved her from those sill branches ;-)

Mischief lived up to his name today, he tried to tell me not to put on his tail bandage and was a grump bag, this got worse when we arrived and he broke his refelctive breast plate. My medical armband then disappeared (still hasn't been found) He warmed up nicely and we practised leaving rolo and the others, he was brilliant. I then tried to check how many to go and he napped. We went in the first field and it all went pear shaped he was nappy and on his toes and after the bending poles it completely went every second step was rear, spin, buck spin, rear. We trashed many obstacles and I spent the second half in tears as he seemed determined to have me off and me being a womble had no bp on. He scared spectators and judges who helpfully commented whilst he was vertical that I should stop crying and it was meant to be fun. He doesn't even nap to rolo just random horses, any one will do he isnt fussy, its a problem but I have no idea how to resolve it. The orienteering was good but I had to clamber on him twice from the ground.

Thanks to Heucherella for driving, the hugs and map reading much better than I.

Is there a napping comp? we would win with many style points :0(

The orienteering was much better
    no-one died of a fast trot
    A member of the Secret Sausage Society

Well done heucherella and rolo sounds like rolo was pretty good all in all.
    Poor you wibble, what a little terror, bet you could think of stronger words to describe him lol. I wonder what makes him do that? Has he always done it or has it got worse? Star can be a bit nappy but wierdly it would seem he's worse when he's doing a yard comp at home, so far out and about he's ok but we'll see. It's very strange that it's not just rolo that he naps to, unfortunately napping can be a bit of a nightmare to solve, I used to have a warmblood that was a bad napper.