Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dog bed recommendations

Default Dog bed recommendations

Can anyone recommend a decent dog bed that I can wash at 60 degrees or over?

The dogs have had fleas and I'm doing everything possible to get rid of the little blighters but have decided to ditch their beds completely and start again. Rather than have a fixed base though, I'd like something that I can chuck the whole lot in the machine.

Any ideas?

The type of bed that has lasted our dog the longest is the faux leather type ones, as you can keep them clean very easily by hoovering off the hairs and wiping over ... cannot find the exact one we have got but it's like this one, only ours looks a bit thicker than this one by the looks of the picture

http://www.netpetshop.co.uk/p-20119-...LAID=441888338

Thanks mhl, they look good but I really wanted something that can go in the washing machine. The dogs have had fleas and I'm paranoid now!

We just use plastic beds and then get towels or old duvets from charity shops to make them comfier

Honestly? A cheapo synthetic single duvet from tesco.
    Ours has withstood numerous boil washes, dries quickly, soft, thick and warm for my pansy terrier

As above !
    Millymoo just posted exactly what I was going to put

My poor dog has only an old turnout rug in her kennel. She loved it!

... Inside the house she has an elevated bed that can be hoovered under - they recommend putting a cushion/duvet on top but mine gets nothing

I'd def answered this

Odd

Anyway - polypads wash and tumble dry v well

Mine have this one

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.js...isSearch=false

But it's not very large, so would depend on your dog. Plus the cats seem to have comandeered it.

Sage has a plastic bed that we pour boiling water and sterilising solution on, with an old thin duvet that gets put on a boil wash...she is too destructive to have a nice bed!

I made mine out of old Duvets. Cut in half folded over stitch roughly up the edges and shoved in a corduroy cover. You can boil them.