Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How did your youngster react when you first sat on it properly ?

Darcy just stood there thinking she was really clever...

Well done PR. Its a great feeling isn't it? I have had Darcy since she was 15 months, she is 4 now and going great!

'Like' my Facebook page for offers and more information! http://www.facebook.com/PollyGodsafeMcTimoneyEssex

Reading all the posts, how exciting!!!! I cannot wait to have my first sit on Shabby! I may work up to it for the next week or so as I only leaned over her with a gentle to and fro.

Same as sez, it has been such a long build up that it was just the next step for Alfie. He was a bit worried about the first couple of steps with extra weight etc, but as soon as I talked to him he relaxed visibly and was a star from then on.
    I have just started bringing him back into work after losing Flynn and its been almost as though he was never turned away although I am adamant not to push him so yesterday was the 6th time riding him this year and we only just went off lead rein even though we walked trotted and cantered last year, I just don't want to expect him just to do it.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Dino chewed my foot!
    Poppy didn't notice - she had hay!

Kiki was eating grass and just carried on. She's been very very good and has taken to everything well.
    Nags Equestrian- Tack made to your requirements.
    Find us on Facebook!

Darcy looks so smug TTL!

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    Kiki was eating grass and just carried on. She's been very very good and has taken to everything well.
    Glad to hear that Kiki is growing into a nice horse. I remember you from New Rider as you and Skewbald Mad had a youngster the same age as mine

Ive turned C away for the winter now. She had such a busy summer last year, I thought she deserved some time off. She's wintering out in a huge field with 8 others and her mum.

Maje didn't bat an eyelid.. Rhana wasn't worried at all altho the first time I lent over her from the mounting block she moved away from the pressure leading to my falling down the gap between it and her :/ she gave me a right old funny look, lol.. Princess was really good too, little bit concerned but understood and was fine afterwards..

My only worry is that I'm too heavy. My first one I backed was 17hh and built like a brick.......

This one though is 15.3hh and a finer build, mind everythingseems small compared to the big boy. Thought she was about 15hh til I measured her

Anyone any opinions on Max backing weights?

I've helped back a few and nothing has ever pair much attention to the initial backing, I think the baby 'moments' happen a little bit later once they find their feet. Hope Oakley will be cooperative, but he has a very stubborn personality