Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ageing Horses from their Teeth - Photo Gallery

i need to get pics of my lot will try and do it on saturday.

just a word of warning pick the grass out on your horses teeth if they get it stuck in the gaps. it can rot and cause issues with the gums including infection. mac used to fight me something rotten now he just stands lol

Toby's teeth are appalling! He never got them done until I got him at age 19, so it's no wonder really. I'll try and get some pics- my boys are 22 and 23.

I'll get mine tonight. Mine are 5 and 9

I had forgotten this thread = must add our 2 yr olds, hattie at 7 and Woody 13 and belle 12...a project for when the rain stops!
    [SIGPIC][CENTER][/CENTER][/SIGPIC]

I can add 8yr old as soon as Cher gets here!
    Anyone mind if I take the photos and put them in age order on photoshop so people can see the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Rips View Post
    Just adding Vega's 4yr old teeth to the mix;

First, because its not as obvious close up.. she definitely still has her deciduous corner incisors (these will fall out)

I'd welcome dicussion on whether people think those 2nd incisors are also still deciduous, they look very short compared to her central permanent incisors? On first inspection I thought they were permanent, but the more I look, the more babyish they look! There is also quite a bit of tartar on them...

The left side of her mouth

Front
    Note the difference in the well defined cups of her central incisors, and the raggedy ones to each side... makes me wonder if they are going to come out.

And the right side;

R.I.P.s I would say thyey are still baby teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by b_22 View Post
    B........... age 5 (We think........) her passport was issued in 2008.........as being born in 06

yes she smiles on command
    Priceless photos
    Just because you're not paranoid it doesn't mean they are not out to get you

As interesting and educational as this thread is, it made me laugh so much! Especially Tally with his essex white smile I was just thinking...aren't horsey people strange? I wonder if cat and dog people do this sort of thing? If I had access to my ponies I would totally join in though Mine are 10, 16, 18, and 21