Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This doesnt look like fun !!

Default This doesnt look like fun !!

Was having a nose on youtube and came aross a video of a hackney that is it a bit of a nightmare to say the least at the start of a drive - doesnt look like fun to me !

Does look a bit feisty, but what a stunning beast.
    Have to say though, that last half minute just made me think of J-Lo

Eek that doesn't look fun! Weird that the horse seems completely fine once they get going, guess it's jut the anticiption of it all.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/JuniperZ/Dunkery%20Hoopoe/Hoopysignature.jpg

Well there is one vital thing missing in that video - a groom!

Otherwise, I don't see a problem tbh.

we have one like that on our yard, not a hackney though, but shes a fiesty mare, likes to rear in harness, i often go out with her owner as the groom and its all good fun but i cant stress how dangerous it can be without a groom with a horse like that, as the horse i just mentioned did have a terrible accident resulting in her and the cart wrapped around a tree.....on a day owner was out on their own.
    Fjord Horses - "The golden cobs with the golden heart"

i just couldnt help but think that it would be so much calmer for all concerned with a groom at his head, although i agree he looks stunning, some of the other videos of him show he has a lot of character anyway

Stunning beast!! The first thing I thought was he needs a groom! But after he went off seemed to settle down. But what on earth was the driver saying all the time???

Don't know about the poor horse but I was completely confused as to what he was expecting it to do!

A bit excitable to start but ok after. No groom is a worry, no idea what he is saying as he isn't using English but he has a good tone.
    [SIZE="2"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]1. Don't mess with old men, they didn't get old by being stupid.

2. You can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

3. Let's eat Grandad.
    Let's eat, Grandad.
    Correct punctuation can help save a life. [/FONT][/SIZE]

I've seen a lot of driving horses get excited when they're about to start, especially experienced ones who know their job and are raring to go. Our Paf is a nutter until they get going, though it looks less impressive than this video cos he's so small One of our friends has one that rears and plunges repeatedly once he's ready to go, and she makes sure nobody tries to help her on the ground - she can handle it fine herself, but anybody trying to hold the horses' head or whatever would just find themselves getting hurt. This one is probably young or nervous, I think the driver seems to know what he's doing & handles it very calmly. He's speaking Dutch, I think "goed zo" means well done, and "ho" is like saying woah. Looking at his other videos I think this horse William has been quite a handful to train!