Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunter Trial report- winner!

Default Hunter Trial report- winner!

Took my lad to Elmwood today to do the HT there. First ever HT

I went round first on the 2ft3 class. Real random mix as some up to height (2ft4 tall and nearly 2ft9 wide) and some diddy. Included water and a few random mounds.
    My nemesis jump!

Photographer was a bit dodgy
    No 2

No 3 (nemesis)...err, you are meant to jump it? Bril was backing off a way out, combination of big and solid jump and the jump judge had backed his car to the jump and had the boot open, and a portaloo ahead of the jump! I might have been able to boot and get him to catleap but it was too solid IMO to do that.

No 11

Some more from the prof photographers but they aren't online yet.

So overall we got 2 refusals at different jumps, which were fine when represented- bit slower than optimum time due to those. Happy though as he was totally sensible, no bucking/sillyness, was excellent to warm up and generally looked after me.
    Perhaps if i learn to not ride like a numpty i might have been able to avoid the refusals

So next up was my mate Zoe from my new yard, whose horse is injured atm, so she has ridden bril about 5 times over the past month. He clearly benefitted from our first run and flew round like a little star. Lots of pics as I was taking

Warm up

No 1

No 2

After jump 3, Bril spooked at the portaloo and Zoe lost a stirrup...she went through the hedge, jumped the house with one stirrup and lost the other in the process. Then there was the log down into the water, which she jumped stirrupless, and then walked through the water to get her stirrups back! There was a log a few strides out of the water, which Bril decided to canter for just as Zoe got her stirrups!

No 8 (the other one I got a refusal at)

No 9

No 10- log at the top of mound after the slope up

No 11 - my personal favourite

No 12 (drop)

Soo...I got about a million points, lots of people got eliminated though (about 1/3), and i didn't come last of those who were left.

However, Zoe managed to come in at 2 seconds under the optimum time - just as well she lost the stirrup or she would have been waaay to fast. So, she came 1st! Super proud of my pony and of her. It proves to me how far he has come and I am just as happy as if it had been me!

ETA- I met OEH and Wotsit! I wasn't able to watch OEH actually jump as she was in the pairs class as I was warming up. She accosted me after Zoe had jumped and it took me a while to get up to speed and remember that I had PM'd her to say I was also going!
    Last edited by shoniedaspony; 29-10-2011 at 17:41.

Fantastic Well done!!!
    [SIGPIC][CENTER][/CENTER][/SIGPIC]

Congratulations that's brilliant news and aren't you lovely lending your boy out. What a good boy he was for your friend, shows how much work you've put in and I'm sure your round first really helped him out. Great pics, he looks like he's really enjoying himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brilliant!
    Well done to you and Zoe!

Thanks guys He really did love it, could have gone round again and again. I'd love to do the pairs class but don't know anyone locally who'd do it with me...

That's fab, i couldn't go as i've had a few equine issues/swap arounds so didn't have a horse. It looks like a nice place though, was thinking of schooling round with my little mare this weekend for the open day if my car decides to work!

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    That's fab, i couldn't go as i've had a few equine issues/swap arounds so didn't have a horse. It looks like a nice place though, was thinking of schooling round with my little mare this weekend for the open day if my car decides to work!
    We might be going to the schooling weekend too, if i can fit it in with my friend visiting- there were loads of different jumps of all heights so its a really nice place. I did keep an eye out for you, thought I saw a horse just like Major, and then another, and then realised I was obviously looking too hard!!

Fabulous result! Well done the pair of you!

Might bump into you at the weekend if the box ramp is mended, lovely venue.
    Kat

Small Horse - big heart, big personality!

Well done - he is a wee star
    Horses are for life not just for riding

Quote Originally Posted by shoniedaspony View Post
    No 11 - my personal favourite
    He looks like a real horse
    Only when things do not interest one, can one give a really unbiased opinion; no doubt the reason why an unbiased opinion is absolutely valueless.