Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: That 'click' moment! (some photos)

Default That 'click' moment! (some photos)

Anyone who has followed my progress will know I am queen of dodgy riding. Lately I've been plagued by losing my stirrups, dodgy heels and a swinging lower leg in canter. Had a different RI today who literally twisted my ankle round, which forced me to use my knee as a shock absorber in a forward seat (rather than a vice grip!) and keep my leg under me. I can't believe I've been struggling for so long with it and all it took to fix it was swivelling my ankle!

I'll upload the photos in a sec, but please no comments about my weight. I am aware I look very slight in them, I've been ill and I'm naturally slim. My mum and a work friend has already had a pop about it, so feeling a bit sensitive!

Looking forward to seeing the pics
    [center][IMG]http://i598.photobucket.com/albums/tt70/loveshorses/dxjrt1.jpg[/IMG][/center]

I'M TROTTING AND MY HEEL IS DOWN! LOOK AT IT!!!!!1

I even vaguely improved my forward seat.

And Tally tried really hard to stretch over his back (although he did have to have a bronc fit in disgust at being made to work before hand!) even though he finds it hard.

Sorry for the pointless thread, I know it's really trivial but it's a big deal for me Thanks for looking!

Also looking forward to the pics....and have said many times that my RI is all about getting your position rights, she is incredible at making you understand what and where your muscles should be and what they are doing.
    [SIGPIC][CENTER][/CENTER][/SIGPIC]

Interestingly, this RI uses RWYM Clava....a mixture of everything but she makes sure she explains rather than just shouting random things that have no relevance to my brain like another RI I have.

I have another lesson tomorrow (got a week off and very bored!) so hopefully it will maintain!

Quote Originally Posted by palmerlover52 View Post
    Interestingly, this RI uses RWYM Clava....a mixture of everything but she makes sure she explains rather than just shouting random things that have no relevance to my brain like another RI I have.

I have another lesson tomorrow (got a week off and very bored!) so hopefully it will maintain!
    Who was she?, just out of interest. Pics look great RWYM can be really helpful
    [SIGPIC][CENTER][/CENTER][/SIGPIC]

I don't know her last name First is Gabby if that helps at all! I don't know if she is a RWYM instructor but I know she uses some of the techniques (I recognise some of the phrases as well All of this bearing down thing confused me greatly at first though!)

Not trivial at all - well done!
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y228/Gothic_Sez/Signatures/Signature01.png[/IMG]
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="Sienna"]He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger...he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him
    *Salsa* 19th April 1998 - 7th July 2013[/COLOR][/FONT]
    Forever Loved and Never Forgotten

[/CENTER]

Looking good

You may find that now you have it explained to you, you will understand it better and keep your bettering (don't think this is a word ) yourslef
    [center][IMG]http://i598.photobucket.com/albums/tt70/loveshorses/dxjrt1.jpg[/IMG][/center]

Fab, well done B!