Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: That 'click' moment! (some photos)

Yay looking good Isn't it amazing when your lower leg/ankles behave themselves!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/JuniperZ/Dunkery%20Hoopoe/Hoopysignature.jpg

Well done! Feels great when things just 'click' or so Ive been told pmsl I still have leg issues and no forward seat

Hj.. bettering may not be a word but neither is yourslef

doesnt sound silly at all - i am someone who's a bit simple when it comes to converting spoken instructions into my body actually doing it if that makes sense - so i often have to have something explained a few times =- and in a few different ways - before i can convert it into action - it just doesnt come easily to me at all!

Quote Originally Posted by rosie View Post
    doesnt sound silly at all - i am someone who's a bit simple when it comes to converting spoken instructions into my body actually doing it if that makes sense - so i often have to have something explained a few times =- and in a few different ways - before i can convert it into action - it just doesnt come easily to me at all!
    I think this is my issue. Literally, she grabbed my leg shoved it where it should be and went 'NOW LEAVE IT THERE' At least then I had an idea of what I should be doing rather than just pottering about doing what I *think* they want me to be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by palmerlover52 View Post
    I think this is my issue. Literally, she grabbed my leg shoved it where it should be and went 'NOW LEAVE IT THERE' At least then I had an idea of what I should be doing rather than just pottering about doing what I *think* they want me to be doing.
    you know some of the best ways i learn is to watch a good rider in a lesson - then remember that image - and ride myself in an arena with mirrors - so i can actually SEE what i am doing rather than just feel it
    does your RS have mirrors in the arena? if not then could you go to a RS that does - even for one lesson?

Quote Originally Posted by rosie View Post
    you know some of the best ways i learn is to watch a good rider in a lesson - then remember that image - and ride myself in an arena with mirrors - so i can actually SEE what i am doing rather than just feel it
    does your RS have mirrors in the arena? if not then could you go to a RS that does - even for one lesson?
    2 of the schools do.....my old RS did and I didn't really use them, but I wasn't trying to 'better' my riding there, if that makes sense? I was just being a passenger and having a ride. I might ask if we can go out to the big outdoor or the liveries school and see if it makes a difference. I do find that having pictures taken helps - sometimes when I feel okay I look at the photos after and think wtf?! and vice versa.

Good for you glad you feel you've got somewhere

I had a Click / Light bulb moment recently with riding without stirrups. Its so nice when you get there
    RIP Funky you will be missed so much xxx

Well done!
    The lightbulb moments are what make all the struggling worthwhile.
    Sometimes all it takes is a different pair of eyes/perspective to see a better way to help you with a problem, which this RI obviously has.

Well done PL - its a great feeling when it suddenly feels "right"

Your position looks lovely - very secure!
    Horses are for life not just for riding

Well done! Pictures look fab ... and you look rather pro in clean jods and smart top and shiny gaiters

all the gear and no idea?!
    Only when things do not interest one, can one give a really unbiased opinion; no doubt the reason why an unbiased opinion is absolutely valueless.