Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sapphire goes XC schooling!!! (photos of course!)

Default Sapphire goes XC schooling!!! (photos of course!)

Well, Saph has been back a week and a half now! She's starting to put on weight now (wooo!) and seems very happy in herself again. I've been hacking in company, on her own and schooled her and she's not put a foot wrong (those who saw previous posts know this isn't what i was told whilst she was away!). It's nice being able to just get on and ride my horse, Major is so stressful at home he was really getting bad before he went on his break, fingers crossed the break will do him good.

Today a local XC course had an open day so i thought it would be nice to take Saph along and see what she'd make of it. This is the first time she's been anywhere except when she raced as a 4yo, we arrived and once she realised she was at a party she was drenched in sweat and shaking.... i did as much tacking up as i could on the trailer but had to get her off to finish off. First problem came when she wouldn't back off the trailer, so i after getting squished one too many times i gave in and put the front ramp down. I walked her round for a minute then tied her up to pop her saddle on. She was fidgeting But i managed to get all sorted went to put the last boot on when the baler twine broke and she clambered over the fron of the trailer and galloped off.

To be honest for a moment i just stood there thinking what the heck am i going to do now? I was stood in acres of fields with an already wound up horse galloping round with it's headcollar and lead rope dangling down - fully tacked up! My non horsey OH grabbed a bucket of treats and ran in her general direction, followed closely by me! After a good 20-30 minutes of her galloping round and round, me worrying she was going to make a bid for freedom and jump onto a road she eventually got tired and stuck to one short hedgerow, With one of us at each end we eventually made her give up and she let me catch her. But by this point both me and the horse were knackered! But major catastrophe averted we trudged back to the trailer and eventually (thanks to none horsey OH!) managed to get on board.

She was super worked up and sweaty but eventually we got going, and well i'll let the photos do the talking.

I love this one, shows off her big eyes!

Let me go mum!

Getting it a bit wrong!

My favourite

This looked massive from where i was sat!

Not bad for a 9yo ex-racehorse that's been sat in a field for 5 years aye?

Wow, well done. It looks like you both enjoyed it, despite the difficult start! Glad you managed to catch her! She's looking much better already.

She's looking a lot better Cinnabar! Glad she had as much fun with you on board as she did off!!!

she is beautiful

I do love her (not as much as Major tho ).

She looks so much better and like she was really enjoying it.

Ooooh she looks really keen!
    It's good to know she's not as bad you feared

Aww bless her, hope she continues to do well

Well done for getting on after all that! :-D

She looks lovely!

JEALOUS!

She is gorgeous, and you both look like you were having fun- shes such an honest sort, I love the 'bouncy' photo going up the bank!

Thank you everyone she is being such a good girly!