Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Riding Boots for a fused ankle (& Some hope for those considering a fusion!).

Quote Originally Posted by Loopy View Post
    hmm, I tried some tellurides on recently, liked them. How hardwearing do you think them to be, as Im massively hard on boots and reluctant to spend so much on boots if they dont last...
    Ive had mine for about 2 years now and when im at home wear them daily. They go thru mud, rain, snow etc you name it. Theyre still going strong.

Gemzie - equitechtors are lovely, i have a pair, but theyre a sod to break in and get chaps to fit round the ankle.

Go for the ariats, if theyre an early prezzie, suggest that you perhaps put a little towards them? You wouldn't regret it. I oppose spending much money on most shoes, but will gladly pay out the extra to ride in ariats. Nothing else for me now. I have a pair of long mountain horse boots which I compete in. They were pretty much brand new when I bought them, having only been ridden in two or three times, gave me 6 blisters in the first outing... theyre ok now, but I wouldnt choose them for general riding in.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/Snip/sig.png[/IMG]

[COLOR=Magenta]A [/COLOR][COLOR=Orange]horse [/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]gallops [/COLOR][COLOR=MediumTurquoise]with [/COLOR][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]his [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkOrchid]lungs,[/COLOR] [COLOR=Magenta]perseveres [/COLOR][COLOR=Orange]with [/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]his [/COLOR][COLOR=MediumTurquoise]heart,[/COLOR] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]and [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkOrchid]wins [/COLOR][COLOR=Magenta]with [/COLOR][COLOR=Orange]his [/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]character.[/COLOR]

Lol! They werent too bad for RS riding - weekly lesson and then helping out on the yard, going through mud etc - they were alright for that & the only pair of boots Ive ever had that never rubbed. I wouldnt have them if I had my own horse, but for occasional riding mine were okay for the price. I am a 6 or a 7 but I will need to go in person I think to try on because of my ankle If I can work out some brands that might be ok then I can find stockists nearby, retford and bridleway are near to each other though so that could be a plan

Theres also Parklands which is a short drive up the A57 towards Sheffield. Theyre helpful too. Ariats do come up big, I'm a 6/7 but last time I rode I borrowed a friends pair of size 5's without any discomfort. Infact, I'd happily buy a pair that size!
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/Snip/sig.png[/IMG]

[COLOR=Magenta]A [/COLOR][COLOR=Orange]horse [/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]gallops [/COLOR][COLOR=MediumTurquoise]with [/COLOR][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]his [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkOrchid]lungs,[/COLOR] [COLOR=Magenta]perseveres [/COLOR][COLOR=Orange]with [/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]his [/COLOR][COLOR=MediumTurquoise]heart,[/COLOR] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]and [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkOrchid]wins [/COLOR][COLOR=Magenta]with [/COLOR][COLOR=Orange]his [/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]character.[/COLOR]

Ahh I didnt know about that one - cheers

Really glad you are doing so well. I have both ankles fused (subtalar, so have up and down movement but not side to side). Recently I bought a pair of Ariat Telurides that were on offer at Burghly. I've been put off trying them before because of the price but they really are worth every penny. They are lovely and comfy, softly padded on the inside so great for any swelling, and give just the right amount of support. I went for a size much bigger than normal so you really do have to try them on.

I managed to get a pair of mountain horse mountain peak boots from retford - more than I wanted to pay but literally the only boots I could get on! but they are SO comfy and extremely supportive.