Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's getting on in years but...........

Default Who's getting on in years but...........

Still likes to gallop around?

At nearly 50, I can't imagine not only not riding but going out for a hack and not having at least one good canter or gallop. I've got so brave that I even canter down a slight hill now! I'm loving it!

Wish I could find someone local who is up for it too and we could gallop about together

I am only a few years behind you, and like nothing better than a fast blast . Rolo loves it too - sometimes a bit too much! he hasn't been up to much fast work recently, so yesterday was his first long, fast canter for a while.....he was a bit keen.... Nothing I couldn't handle, but boy do my shoulders ache today from the effort of keeping him behind Mischief!

Belle and I have clocked over 36mph! I love a good gallop, but I guess I'm a youngster at 45 Long may it continue.
    [SIGPIC][CENTER][/CENTER][/SIGPIC]

I'm clocking up the years too. I'm not as brave as you Ange (cantering downhill....eeek), but I'm working on it

Im only a wee one but tbh, I dont really gallop unless I'm on a cross country course!

Lol - I am a few years beyond 50 or even 60 come to that!

Yes, still enjoy a good blast over the stubble or on the beach - have even fallen off at gallop when the horse suddenly turned left and I didn't

I'm on the wrong side of 40 and love nothing better than a good blast through the woods

We have a lady at our yard that is well in her 60's and her mare is 26 and they are the ones on our yard that you don't hack with unless you want to go FAST!!!! They love a good gallop but it can be very unexpected, as in the mare decides she wants to go and just goes lol

I am getting braver as I am getting older! Now 33 in 3 years have gone from never hacking to merrily hacking on my own in w/t/c! I do little XC and do gallop, but maybe one day I'll not just feel good after I've done it, but happy and longing to go!
    Kat

Small Horse - big heart, big personality!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ed View Post
    I'm clocking up the years too. I'm not as brave as you Ange (cantering downhill....eeek), but I'm working on it
    Not that I have a choice once you've done it, its easy