Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's getting on in years but...........

Holds hand up to getting on in years.................

Not so keen on fast any more though; I prefer to momble about with the odd canter. And certainly never downhill if I can help it!

"You're better doing 10 minutes good work than 20 minutes of bad" - The Daughter.

I am getting on in years and my share is too - and no longer up to speed - so I desert her once a week and hack from an RS to get a good canter.

Wrong side of 50 and I love a blast! I also love speed games and races, loads of fun.

I'm only 18, but my Mum is 50 this year and she goes a bit fast for me sometimes!! We both love a good gallop through the stubble fields .

Physical age has nothing to do with it, its mental age that counts. Well past 50 now but still feel 18 whilst riding. Afterwards can be a bit different though!

Im 27 and love going for a blast... so fast that tears stream down your face ! My mate at my yard (45ish) has only been riding 4 years and shes getting to the point now where shes loving it as much as me.

couldnt ever imagine not doing it...

Yep, I'm 36 and love going fast. We have really rubbish canters though by us, so really going to work on Bas's loading this year so I can do some sponsored rides, go to the beach, Badminton etc. I laugh my head off when we're galloping - I can't help it - I just love it!!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    Physical age has nothing to do with it, its mental age that counts. Well past 50 now but still feel 18 whilst riding. Afterwards can be a bit different though!
    agreed! sometimes I have to get off the last ten minutes walk as I seize up!

Oh reading all your posts...I am envious!!! I'm 47 and my girl is only 3 and only got as far as laying over her...a long time to wait for a gallop :-(

I'm 54 and did my first Open Hunter Trials this year - WHAT A BLAST!! Had my son-in-law behind me egging me on + hoping for another good season in 2013 on my 18yr old horse!P3251722.jpgThis is me in "terror" mode!!