Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hunt Report

Quote Originally Posted by Alexa&Tess View Post
    Patey's are pretty but just not worth it.

I am waiting for that photo to be in the caption competition. I am thinking 'Ware, Hound at landing'

I'm not quite sure why the horse fell, it had a drop but wasn't an unfriendly jump (not that I did it lol)
    I think quite a few struggled at the jump, did you not hear the photographer say not to bother with that jump?!
    [SIGPIC][CENTER][/CENTER][/SIGPIC]

I thought she just meant because we hadn't jumped any of the other jumps she was at

It's funny, I thought the same.
    It looked fairly innocuous, but seemed to attract some spooky/hairy leaps from most of the horses.
    I just figured that maybe there was something I couldn't see. Not exactly a tricky looking obstacle, but there ya go!

Looking very smart! Sounds like you had a good day, but that hill's not that steep At one of the meets I went to on Bronson we had to go through a quarry - the side was so steep that Bronson took it like the derby bank (slithered partway down then launched himself off ) and one of the fieldmasters got off to lead his down, which promptly ran off and went missing for about three hours But we did only take that at a walk, wouldn't fancy doing it at speed!

at the patey... I've seen one come flying off in a showring too - when someone got thrown off - just don't see the point in them! Glad all were okay though

Did the master fall off at the farm Alexa and I want to buy for No Pounds and turn into a pony picnic place with stud attached? By the horrible cow gates leading up to the nice canter through the cow field on the way to Old Winch Hill?

Exactly there Tasha.

ETA - The next time that we do our epic/freezing cold/windy hack I can show you the route we rode.

Just saw the other pics - I CANNOT believe you rode in the fields we have coveted so many times!!!!! Next season I WILL be there too!!!!!

PS that jump will be in a spot that is not an easy place to get a decent approach to - like 2 strides of canter - so prob why so many sticky jumps. Loved the one after the master though - horse looked like it was taking Extra Special Care as it had just seen Jeremy fall off!!

I like the picture f the hound looking over it's shoulder and thinking 'Oh F..."

Great photos or you all!

The one of the Master made me EEEKKKK a bit-look at the poor dogs face!
    If I had nothing but I still had my horse and my Teddy, I'd still have everything I ever needed.

Indy.

The master broke his shoulder and was later taken to hospital, even though he rode back to the meet.
    [SIGPIC][CENTER][/CENTER][/SIGPIC]