Thread: Sooo happy! Just had to share! :)

Default Sooo happy! Just had to share! :)

I had ACL surgery on the 9th of december, tore my ACL getting on my horse bareback from a fence... I'm not suppose to ride my horse for 9 months... but I started walking again recently, and got a ride to my barn today and was determined, so I hopped on her. Felt so good to be on her back! And id have to say ridding is WAYYYY less painful than walking. but it sure was a great feeling to see her again and be on her back I LOVE YOU MONTANA!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Congratulations you must be chuffed to bits. Gonna sound dumb but whats your ACL?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouch, I can't quite imagine how you do that getting on from a fence. But, I know a bit about it as a friends son damaged his snowboarding :-/

Pleased everything is getting better though

Anterior cruciate ligament. It's one of the main ones in your knee responsible for stabilising it and also one of the ones most commonly damaged.

Great it's getting better but please be careful!! I pulled mine a few weeks ago and it's still sore; I can't imagine what a tear is like and as it's still healing it will be vulnerable to new injury. Last thing you want is to be laid up for even longer

Poor you, not a nice injury! But I bet it helps to have your horse as an incentive I couldn't go without riding for 9 months!

Here's wishing you fast healing Love your zebra horse
    [SIGPIC][CENTER][/CENTER][/SIGPIC]

Thank you everyone for the wishes of fast healing! And thank you I also love my zebra horse bahaha. And as for it being torn compaired to pulled: I actually tore my ACL completly off! So the inicial pain was horrible, but luckily I was already on her when the pain hit so I did not have half the pain I would hav had if I were standing. But after that it felt fine besides when I would take a wrong step and it would give! (Ouchie!) But the dr said a parial tear, or a pull hurts worse than having it torn off! So you my friend felt the real pain! I am so sorry! the surgery was the most painful but with icing and pain pills I made it through just fine! can't wait to sit on her again! Even if I can't jump or run, I can still be mobile with the help of my amazing four legged friend! ♥

I don't think I'd be that brave to get on with that kind of injury!
    "The past is only the future with the lights on" - +44

I honestly didn't think I would either. But with all the recovery coming along so well, and the overwhelming want to ride again, I just had to try. When I took her to the stepping block I had already decided that if it was too difficult, or just didn't feel right then I wouldn't proceed. But my leg went over and my bottom down on her back and I felt right at home! ahhhh such good therapy! May not be physical therapy but much needed mental therapy after all the shock my body had gone through. gained more confidence to do physical therapy and made me even more anxious to re-gain all my movement again