Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Western gear

Default Western gear

I'm considering selling western gear.

I've recently imported a saddle and a bit, seperately, but both from America and the import tax was a joke

So, I'm not thinking of saddles, but is there anything you struggle to get hold of in this country? Obviously postage would be a lot cheaper if bought within this country .

I'm currently looking for a shirt, for some shows this year, the only ones I can find are on ebay and in America, so I'm worried about any import tax.

So, I'm thinking of selling ladies shirts and possibly bits.

Any thoughts or suggestions gratefully recieved.

I'm off to BETA in February to see what I can find

I want a pair of western boots and leather western full chaps, the import for them though is stupid. (and the likes of ariat western boots are stupid money! and more showy than work boots!)
    Shirts is a good idea. I love western shirts for summer. (not the show ones just the work ones!)

We have western trained horses at work, so are always looking for bits etc for them.

People with Paso Fino's are always looking for rope reins? We tend to mostly rely on the UK breeders who bring them over from the US/Europe.

e.g.
    http://www.longridersgear.com/catalo...Rope-Reins.jpg
    The sort that are one single rein with two clips on either end?

Quote Originally Posted by stephiibean View Post
    I want a pair of western boots and leather western full chaps, the import for them though is stupid. (and the likes of ariat western boots are stupid money! and more showy than work boots!)
    Shirts is a good idea. I love western shirts for summer. (not the show ones just the work ones!)

We have western trained horses at work, so are always looking for bits etc for them.
    Thanks for your in put, sorry to sound thick , what do you mean by work boots, and leather not suede chaps? Is that right?

Quote Originally Posted by shoniedaspony View Post
    People with Paso Fino's are always looking for rope reins? We tend to mostly rely on the UK breeders who bring them over from the US/Europe.

e.g.
    http://www.longridersgear.com/catalo...Rope-Reins.jpg
    The sort that are one single rein with two clips on either end?
    Thanks for that , how long are those reins and I'll see what I can come up with

Have you tried asking WES members where they get their gear from, or have a look on the WES site to see if they have a shop?

Quote Originally Posted by Jobi-Wan Kenobi View Post
    Have you tried asking WES members where they get their gear from, or have a look on the WES site to see if they have a shop?
    I hadn't thought of that, will look tomorrow.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post
    Thanks for your in put, sorry to sound thick , what do you mean by work boots, and leather not suede chaps? Is that right?
    By the boots I mean less fancy.
    The only ones I've found over here are Ariats very expensive fancy ones (i believe the last ariat pair i found were bright pink!!). I just want some bog standard brown ones that I can wear everyday. Not expensive fancy ones I darn't wear to work in case I ruin them I hope that makes sense?

Found full chaps on equestrian clearance, never mind lol.

Rope reins is a good one. I spend a fortune getting them sent from the US.

WOW!! Look what I've found

http://secondgoaround.co.uk/shop/

Maybe they'd have some things you'd be interested in Stephiibean?

Rope reins, I'd say the same length as large pony reins (most paso fino's are 13-15hh). I don't use em myself but I can ask a mate of mine to measure hers.
    They also come in many thicknesses and colours- most people prefer the thinner ones (2-3cm diameter) but some like the thicker (5cm diameter ones). Best bet (for Pasos) are ones with some black in them (e.g. black and red stripes / white and black / black with thin white stripe).

Not sure for western people what sort of rope reins they like or colours

also to add- there are only around 100 pasos in the UK so this may not produce a massive market for you (I for one ride English and therefore don't use rope reins! I just know they are a nightmare to get hold of).

Steph, you so need this for Berry: http://secondgoaround.co.uk/shop/ind...products_id=38