Thread: Eek have just booked first show!

Default Eek have just booked first show!

Well Tommys first every entry to his inhand show is in the post!

He is a traditional coloured cob stallion, exceptionally well behaved and has been practicing today and has been a star, have a list of questions if anyone can help

+ what outfit do I wear (he has white legs)
    + do they have to be able to be led happily from both sides or is it normally only one direction they send you in?
    + how do I get his white mane and feathers white again

You only EVER go on the right rein inhand - so lead on his left.
    You'll need tweed, tie, shirt and dark trousers with boots and brown gloves. Hat too if you prefer (Warmer!)

Piccies??
    Native pony addict!

Brill hes more confident that way tried the other today and he was a tad confused bless him. What kind of hat would you wear? Is a show cane required? I have a leather lead for him but a book I have suggested webbing for first shows but will you get marked down for that?

These are some pics when I got him last year hes just a lot muddier now lol

mane is a lot better now, it naturally sits on both sides is this ok?

How exciting!! Those photos are lovely by the way. What show and when? Would love to come groom!

Should be easy enough to train on to one side quite quickly - i managed it with my Highland

Webbing will be fine, although i much prefer leather even with the babies - webbing burn hurts a lot more than leather
    A cane would be correct Navy show hat, or trilby type. With a colts first time out personally i'd opt for a navy riding hat but totally up to you, your pref and what you have
    Native pony addict!

Red he's 6yrs coming 7yrs this year so hes a little older but know what you mean re the riding hat, if went for the trilby type what colour do you go for? I have a brown leather cane I can use from years ago lol its the right side isnt it that the manes supposed to lay on?

Yup the right side
    Trilby - something that goes with your tweed, not black though. Perhaps navy, brown or even a dark grey?
    Native pony addict!