Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indoor Trec competition from the weekend *video*

Default Indoor Trec competition from the weekend *video*

Our first go at some indoor Trec.

Had a new floor put in my trailer during the week. Boxed Mocha up straight from the field and took her along, so she looks dreadful badly in need of a mane pull! But no mini disasters this week, we took a slight detour on our way there, but no big deal, got there in time. My little brother was bored on a sunday afternoon, so he came along, and has decided he wants to come to all of them! And start to ride (he took the regular video footage)

There was a lot of waiting around ... and no proper warm up. I stole into the SJ warmup arena for a bit, but then we had to queue in the collecting ring for awhile with the horse rugged up to keep her muscles warm. As a result, she was actually asleep when we went in!

She broke in canter in the COP to do her 'pre-excitement poo' (we do pre-excitement poo's before loading in the trailer, or in the warmup, or collecting ring for competitions) ... and didn't really get into any sort of gear until the first jump, which was near the end of the 1st round of obstacles.

But when she did wake up, she did so well, that we managed to come 5th!

She was still a little sluggish compared to her usual form, so I'm looking back now and seeing all our faults - but still chuffed that she scored well.

In round 1 we scored 75/100 ... mostly because, even though she was sluggish, she still did everything, lost points for being lazy, tipping poles/style ... that sort of thing.

And round 2 we scored 57/60 ... only just losing style points for our reinback, and the jump (which was half a foot high and only worth hurdling as far as Mocha is concerned!)

COP was a dismal 5/60

We were the only competitors to brave cantering the slalom indoors, and the canter corridor - which would usually be fine, but it was sandwiched in between the reinback corridor and the ridden S-Bend, which are both walk obstacles.

My dad came to watch - he probably hasn't seen me riding Mocha in 4/5 years since our jumping days ... he said he didn't know she had a reverse gear

Just need a little more oompf and some focus and we should be flying!

Well done apart from the COP you did really well!!

5th place is a good place thats where we came on Saturday at Le Trec hee hee

Really sounds like your starting to get the bug for it

Quote Originally Posted by essexlady View Post
    Well done apart from the COP you did really well!!

5th place is a good place thats where we came on Saturday at Le Trec hee hee

Really sounds like your starting to get the bug for it
    Definitely got a bug for it - have to say I think I prefer the outdoor though.

Great video, well done

Mother always told me honesty is the best policy, but for most the truth hurts.

excellent video RIPS, reading about yours and BI`s exploits really makes me want to have a go with B.

Last weekend's competition. Gearing up for the National's next month - can't wait.

There were a lot of new obstacles for us, and we didn't score as well as last time in the PTV. But picked up points in the COP this time, and placed a little higher.

4th Good girl Mocha

I love her expression in the bit where I am getting off to do the led obstacles, she was super all day, and the control I had was amazing.

Well done Rips - that's a lot harder than it looks! Mocha is looking rather lovely at the moment too!

Keep the rosettes (and the videos) coming!

Quote Originally Posted by cookster1975 View Post
    Well done Rips - that's a lot harder than it looks! Mocha is looking rather lovely at the moment too!

Keep the rosettes (and the videos) coming!
    We might have had a bit of a deep cleaning session on account of how minging she was the last time! So thankyou!

Only thing is, 'we' pulled so much of her mane she looks like she has sweet itch For such a fine horse, she has a really thick folicle strip (like and inch and 3/4s!!) so if the mane is thin enough to plait- its mostly bald

And when I say 'we', I mean KateRed and BIrish who attacked her with a manecomb when I went to get dinner

She is great at the canter work isn't she! (or is it harder than it looks?)

that looks so much fun, Id be totally lost though, no sense of direction
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
    [/URL].[/CENTER]