Thread: what colour is he

Post what colour is he

lm having a debate with a friend of mine over what colour my yearling is, l say he is a tri coloured but my friend says skewbald but which is it??
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'd say more piebald than skewbald but probably tri-colour. He's cute

Summer coat will tell more, but looks more piebald to me
    Native pony addict!

He looks piebald

Summer coats the best for telling you what colour he is, he may be piebald but not have 'true black' colouring so will sunbleach to a reddy brown

Listen, smile, agree and then do whatever the hell you were going to do anyway.

If he's tricolour, he's still skewbald as skewbald officially is any colour other than black, and white. The brown on his face and muzzle along with the black in the mane suggest he is tricolour.

I'd say he's tri colour cos of his muzzle but he may change with summer coat ect
    land absolutely too cute lol

Quote Originally Posted by Black Beastie View Post
    He looks piebald

Summer coats the best for telling you what colour he is, he may be piebald but not have 'true black' colouring so will sunbleach to a reddy brown

Hard to tell from photos, but I'd say piebald too.

There's technically no such thing as a 'tri-coloured' when referring to a bay and white- or sometimes used when referring to a buckskin/white- it is simply a skewbald.
    I understand the logic behind it, say the horse is technically bay, with black points and white, hence three colours- but you wouldn't call a solid bay a 'bi-coloured', it is just one colour.

Sorry, Pet hate of mine.

Actually, looking at the first photo(the close up shot of the muzzle- it wouldn't load before) it looks like he may be bay and white, after all.

from the first pic i'd say skewbald but it'll be easier to tell with his summer coat. He is really cute too he has the same sort of colouring as Fatcobs youngster