Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cross country lesson with CER and Peaches (pics)

Quote Originally Posted by ponylover88 View Post
    I noticed her too Min, very professional looking there Peaches

P.S. I'm stealing Peaches for when I need some XC help
    She is mine, all mine mwahahaaahaaahaaaa!

Quote Originally Posted by mu0ljk View Post
    Wow there are some big jumps in there! From your introduction I was expecting little jumps!

I think you just need to want to jump the bigger jumps - which clearly you do! The more you do the less scary it will be!

(ETA and I wouldn't jump some of those jumps! I'm still at the wanting to do them but not quite worked up the courage stage!)
    I think because I would still happily jump much bigger SJ, I see them as little jumps. We are getting there though, I want to do it because he loves it. I also want to prove everyone wrong who thinks that Paso Fino's can't be competitive with jumping

Practice makes perfect!

It's looking really good, confidence will def come! It's great having someone on ground to correct little positional faults/say when its going good! (CER is always a good one with her big lungs!!!! )

Oh how I miss you, my symphony, played the song that carried you out.

Bril is Brill! (how many times have you heard that? )

Some of those are really, really big and you I am sure are your biggest critic and shouldn't be so hard on yourself, you got to the other side and pony is very clearly loving it! Everything else is not too important in the grand scheme of things.
    Kat

Small Horse - big heart, big personality!

AH ha! .... Had a thought!

I'll get Caroline to teach you one my nifty tricks! ...... first you needs ARGGHH BEJEEEEBERS (the PG word version!) strap .... aka a stirrup leather! Its a bit like having a safety blanket and gets your hands out the way! If in doubt I hook two or so fingers under my strap (this lets go of the mouth) and just carry on with my legs wrapped around.

worth a try might help

Oh how I miss you, my symphony, played the song that carried you out.

Wow some nice jumping going on there, wish I could post a post like this!!

Im sure a couple of the jumps look at least 2ft 9!!

How can you be scared of the house?? That look small compared to some of the others

Well Done

Quote Originally Posted by essexlady View Post
    Wow some nice jumping going on there, wish I could post a post like this!!

Im sure a couple of the jumps look at least 2ft 9!!

How can you be scared of the house?? That look small compared to some of the others

Well Done
    I think the corner was 2ft9- or CER 'hip-measured' it at that anyway

I'm odd in that I love skinnies, give me a skinny any day rather than a bigger jump! And anything which isn't so solid I feel more comfortable jumping. It's completely illogical, as really any XC jump, if we hit it, its going to be messy. But somehow things like houses/sheep feeders which are solid and square, I don't like.

Think I need to practice more SJ spreads

Quote Originally Posted by Char View Post
    AH ha! .... Had a thought!

I'll get Caroline to teach you one my nifty tricks! ...... first you needs ARGGHH BEJEEEEBERS (the PG word version!) strap .... aka a stirrup leather! Its a bit like having a safety blanket and gets your hands out the way! If in doubt I hook two or so fingers under my strap (this lets go of the mouth) and just carry on with my legs wrapped around.

worth a try might help
    I'll have a try of it- I feel like it might just be another thing to remember (little brain, can't cope with more than one thing at once...)
    p.s. lets go XC when I come to visit with Bril in July

I love the fact that Brill's the confident one and he's got his eyes shut in a fair few of the pics over the jumps

Don't beat yourself up, thoses are not small fences - good job
    Visit Mico

Well done, those jumps like huge!

You are so not getting pics of me jumping after that, blimey, they are all so solid and big and argh...you are so brave! I bottled a flipping plastic pole (to be fair Dyl had run through it, literally as he is a lazy git, four times)

On a more serious note, looking really good hun, Brill is such a super pony and you are doing so well doing all those scary fences!