Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Welsh D Bloodlines.....

Default Welsh D Bloodlines.....

I've been thinking about Sonnys breeding after a welshy lady said a particular Derwen line are late to mature and then they go POW!!!

Sonny's Gwrthafarn Marquis x Cethin Mared. He has all sorts in his lines lots of different Derwen, Nebo, Thorndonpark & Trevallion.

Do any welsh D enthusiasts know anything about any of these lines, going to get on google now....

Sonny pic for reading

Tell me about your welsh Ds and any traits that they supposedly have from their bloodlines??

Bet had lots and lots of Derwen and a bit of Trevallion. She was quite small at 6 years old so lots of people thought she was a C!

Smile because it happened.
    Jimmy 2003-2011

He's got a definite Thorndonpark & Trevallion look about him. Phil is Derwen/Llanarth bred (a lot anyway) and looks that way.

I think welsh cobs are slow to mature no matter what their breeding. Phil still changes shape yearly

He is starting to chunk up a bit now but still looks a bit weedy bless him, not quite got the leg in each corner yet. I've tried googling welsh bloodlines to do a bit of research but I was tired might have another look now.

I knew a Thorndonpark mare, beautiful stamp she was Tried to find a photo but can't (Thorndonpark Kerby), she was quite tall, but real leg at each corner type, bay with very little white.

awwww he only has thorndonpark once but it is quite close to him - grand sire I think.

Here is his breeding.
    http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/cethin+ceredig
    I'm pretty clueless when it comes to breeding I just go ooooo nice welsh or hmmmmm not my type, I don't know what is "good" breeding or not. Found pics of his sire and he is a right stunner

I dont know much about bloodlines, but here's Annie: http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/horsmans+black+pearl Today she had a leap about the field as A&T was carrying a rug. If I carry rugs it is fine...apparently not when A&T does though Its a Welsh thing Im sure!

ahhh see Sonny is different rugs on doors, arms himself and stable wall all fine. However rugs on the floor out to get him and need a good snorting at!!!! bless him he is 'special'

Rugs on the floor are toys that need to be stamped into the mud, apparently!

I wish I knew the other half of Alfie's

Seriously, it's going to bug me for the rest of my life I almost want to say to them 'if he was an accident while your mare's were away grazing, surely there can't have been many stallions around for you to narrow it down to so why didn't you record it all?!!' Unless his sire was unregistered or something, but I think it's more a case of 'oh never mind...' We'll still sell them
    If I had his sire I could maybe had an idea of what he could turn out like...
    If I had nothing but I still had my horse and my Teddy, I'd still have everything I ever needed.

Indy.