Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Welsh D Bloodlines.....

I just had a look at the Glanvyrnwy stud and they seem to be quite chunky monkeys. What's your share horses name?

Awwww Legend and Sonny are related can't even try figure out how

Thorndonpark Prince is in Germany now I think? If you search his name on YouTube there is a good video on there. He is also half brother to Thorndonpark Jet who was RWAS male champion and reserve George Prince of Wales Cup in 2006 (I think that's the right year).

Your boy has got a lot of the well known stockgetters and old influential cobs in his bloodline.

Nebo Prince was a very well known and successful stallion, was based in Essex for a fair old time.

Nebo Black Magic/Parc Welsh Flyer very influential stallions on the breed. Derwen Stud also is very well known for producing top quality cobs.

Welshies are usually surprisingly late to mature but come in to their own between 5-8yrs. I have a PB filly who at 5yrs is only just starting not to look like a baby.

I know nowt about breeding and my horse doesnt really scream "I'm Welsh" either but I didn't buy him to show.

His breeding is Coednewydd Comet x Osbourn Rosina

Grand-sires - Ty'Capel Comet and Derwen LLwynog

Great-grand sires - Derwen Telynor, Tyhen Comet, Nebo Black Magic and Parc Welsh Flyer - the last 2 are also his great-great-grandsires

His other great-great grandsires are Llanarth Meteor, Cahn Dafydd and Pentre Eiddwen Commet who appears 3 times :O

With that amount of in-breeding I guess I am lucky my horse only has 4 legs and 1 head (sadly no brain though) He has just turned 9 and only really started to mature last year. Before then people would assumed he was 4 or 5 (meaning I still got sympathetic looks when he was being silly in public places - no excuses now
    Last edited by TrumpetSchnoz; 15-05-2012 at 16:38.

Ooh my boys gransire is Coednewydd Comet! He hasn't matured yet either!

I can't wait till Sonny matures think he is going to be a right chunky monkey which is just what I wanted. He is starting to get his powerful shoulders now and he isn't even 5 yet.