Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Took Fabio SJ tonight

Default Took Fabio SJ tonight

This is actually our first outing this year as in a show, been out a few times training but not done a great deal.

Got there and was only 2 of us for 65cm, the first girl thought she was the only one so the owner had said she could use it just as training and do clear round/schooling. I said that was fine for me if thats what the other girl wanted to do. Owner went and asked and so we just opted to do clear round. Was one jump with rainbow fillers at the side that he was a bit looky at and broke to trot but he still went over. Was another jump with castle wings he debated stopping at too so pony club kick had to make an appearance and he went over! So nice clear round to start with. Quite a lot more people had turned up then so they upped everything to 75cm....and put the fillers under the jumps. I entered anyway as fillers is my objective this summer! Get him used to them and happy jumping them. Had one pole down on fence 4, then fence 6 was the rainbows. Refused. Had a feeling he might but brought him round again and another refusal. 3rd time lucky - he went over! I thought we might also have an issue with fence 8 which had green and yellow check boards underneath but he cleared that fine! Typical! So finished with 12 faults. The owner let me and another girl with faults do the jump off anyway but obviously not for placing. So had fence 5,6 (rainbows!), 3, 1 & 2. Over fence 5 fine...onto the rainbow - cleared first time!!!! (although slight hesitation!) I was so pleased with him i gave him big pats then realised we were going the wrong way!! so had to come back and circle to do the rest of the jumps! Oops! Note to self, although horse has pleased you immensely remember you haven't finished riding yet!

Took him back in the warm up and jumped the warm up fences for the next class to finish on before cooling off. All in all i was pleased with him as we've not been out for ages and his experience with fillers is limited so we sometimes have problems with them. But we're working on that. Need to conquer it as fence height isn't an issue for him and he's capable of doing 80-90cm courses, but they all involve fillers so have to get him used to them before upping the height at shows.

Vid from jump off - not very speedy with error of course!

And last jumps in warm up before going home

Good boy Fabio! And well done you too How did you find the saddle - better?

You ought to have gone there over the bank holiday, you would have witnessed me being deposited onto a jump wing! Maybe next time (but hopefully not )

Well done both of you!

Quote Originally Posted by sarahandbronson View Post
    Good boy Fabio! And well done you too How did you find the saddle - better?

You ought to have gone there over the bank holiday, you would have witnessed me being deposited onto a jump wing! Maybe next time (but hopefully not )
    Yeah, lower legs position is still not great but not flying back as much as with the GP, generally felt more secure too.

I'd have come up if i'd known you were there. I take it that it was Wilby that dumped you?! How did you get on other than that?!

Well done How's the filler training coming on at home? You going to make some rainbow ones now?
    Native pony addict!

Starting next week Red, land has only this week dried up enough to use at home so had 1 jumping session with him but kept it easy! Yes - Rainbows are gonna be made too!!!! Now i know they are an issue i'll be working on it!

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio's filly! View Post
    Yeah, lower legs position is still not great but not flying back as much as with the GP, generally felt more secure too.

I'd have come up if i'd known you were there. I take it that it was Wilby that dumped you?! How did you get on other than that?!
    Yep, it was Wilby He won the combined training class beforehand (non-deservedly, dressage was 'interesting'!), just sort of fell over the first part of a dogs leg, was wrong for the second and dived out, cue me flying over his shoulder! Just worried that it might have knocked his confidence a bit

Bless him, he looks lovely - steady and rhythmic and straight. Perfect start, everything else will follow!