Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: extreme pony squishing - SJ with the Shets!

Nottingham (Uni)/Llandrindod Wells (Home)

Ahh think I just died from the cuteness. In love with Paf!

Don't worry about the round with Jam, it will have done you the world of good, as shown by the fact that you got back on and finished without a problem. A similar thing happened to me with Gabe, I was so used to him being good that I just sat there once on the XC and he stopped at the 2nd fence! It woke me up and I really rode him round the rest, next time out I was completely on my game and we won! So onwards and upwards!

Did have a bit of a laugh at Pif zooooming around the arena! They are both too cute

With Jam's round, thinking about it this way, it's not often that you jump a course on a tiny pony, for the fences to then practically double in height (and the horse probably quadruple in stride length!) - I'd sit there like a wet lettuce if that happened to me! Next time it will go better

I'm impressed at your gymnastic skills!

Also, what's the height difference between Pif and Paf? I hadn't really noticed it before!
    Seeking a 14-17hh schoolmaster allrounder to loan/lwvtb/buy for kind & experienced rider/carer in Surrey. Must be safe but a '2nd' horse is fine.

It's great seeing Shetlands doing more ridden stuff than lead-rein with tiny tots Looks great fun, makes me wish I had a chance of fitting in a cub saddle! And Twirl looks like she'll make some lucky little girl or boy a fab allrounder, good first show outing for her
    I pay my pyschiatrist in hay and horseshoes

Quote Originally Posted by CER View Post
    I think you should take Pif and Paf to things more. I them and the reports are far more entertaining than boring big horses
    They have driving comps coming up on May 27th and June 10th There will be reports & pics of course!

Quote Originally Posted by StormyJ View Post
    Don't worry about the round with Jam, it will have done you the world of good, as shown by the fact that you got back on and finished without a problem. A similar thing happened to me with Gabe, I was so used to him being good that I just sat there once on the XC and he stopped at the 2nd fence! It woke me up and I really rode him round the rest, next time out I was completely on my game and we won! So onwards and upwards!
    Thanks. This was definitely not the first time I've messed something up and then ridden much better afterwards Someone suggested I should fall off in the warmup, cos then I'd ride more positively from the start of the course The best thing about jumping Jam is that he is forgiving in some respects but not in others & he has taught me that I have to take more responsiblity and not just leave everything up to him! He is super with me bless him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall_eyed View Post
    Also, what's the height difference between Pif and Paf? I hadn't really noticed it before!
    Only a few inches at the wither. Pif is full Shetland and is more squat and round, Paf is only a Shetland type and has longer legs!

Quote Originally Posted by starpiper View Post
    It's great seeing Shetlands doing more ridden stuff than lead-rein with tiny tots
    Yessss they are capable of so much! There were other Shetland types at the show too but all of them were overweight, without exception. P&P still have a bit of fitness work left to do but IMO are proof that their sort of pony is perfectly capable of being athletic if you have the time to put the work in!

Bless Pif and Paf they are so cute your lucky to be small enough to ride them.

You certainly had an entertaining day and lots of jumpies, lesson learned with Jam but hey ho you finished the course in style, well done

Thans EL, yes I am very lucky to be able to ride Pif & Paf cos they really are top notch little ponies I think there is no denying I am too tall for them and look a wee bit silly, but hey, they carry me ok and that's all that matters (even though I did touch a few poles with my feet whilst jumping Pif...!). Interestingly on FB I keep getting told that I look just the right size on Twirl - yet people also say I am just the right size on Jam! This amuses me greatly since Twirl is 13.1 and Jam is 17hh I think I have a magic body and can morph into different sizes to suit the horses I want to ride

Oh I love Pif and Paf, they look so fab and like they really enjoyed that!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/JuniperZ/Dunkery%20Hoopoe/Hoopysignature.jpg