Thread: Xc training with Bodi

Default Xc training with Bodi

You may have read out last report which involved me jumping the jumps before Bodi? so as you can imaging I was a little apprehensive about yesterday! We had been offered a lift over with YO so ofcourse I jumped at the chance. He is working with his horse at Novice level after a year off due to injury. When we got there we went straight downhill, the start of the course is uphill beside the schooling field and has lots of tiny logs which I was hoping we could go over but straight dowhill it was! We warmed up, had a play in the water (jumping in and out no bother ) then we watch YO and jack for a while jumping some blooming big jumps!

Then it was our turn... started by trotting in and out of the sunken road, she had a bit of a look at first but was fine after some persuasion, we did that a few times then YO said 'follow me' ok I though theres nothing too massive around.... next thing I know we jumped into the sunken road jumped out and straight over this...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...6334324&type=3

but no problem for Bodi pony although I was a bit like aaaah

Did that a few times then over a couple some straight foward fences and logs, she took a bit of a disliking to a ditch and I came off 3 times but eventually got over it nicely! then moved onto this...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...6334324&type=3

It is on a hill and can be jumped in both directions we started by jumping it up hill which she did fine then the YO suggested we jump it down hill. He is a very experienced rider and has backed all his own horses, one of which now competes at 2*, he has a very no nonsense attitude so me an Bodi just got on with it, slightly hesitant but she didn't stop and we went over it nicely! 2'6

We had another play with some water fences and some steps. I thought we would have started on the lower steps but no straight to the massive ones!! she followed jack the first time and was fine, the second time she went on her own and got quite brave a quite happily leapt off them both!

Something seemed to click after this and she pulled me into every jump! It is the first time she's ever felt like that and it felt amazing!! Thought I'd push my luck a little at the end an follow YO and Jack over the train which is about 3', she just felt like she was going to jump anything I put infront of her, as we were coming up to it I though aaaaah its huge thankfully Bodi just flew over without a second thought!! Love this little horse!

Pictures not great as its quite a walk on foot to the jumps..

We played with some jump x

You can see the train in the left hand side of this pic in the background, its got 4 bits to it. Also the white jump you can see in this pic was the first jump she pulled me into, she came over it nicely then we went flying over to the WH type fence you can see after it and jumped it about 3 strides out!!

She was a tired girl today...

I think it helped having YO there with his no nonsense approach, he just made me get on with it which I think is just what we needed!

Aw she's so pretty
    Sound's like you had fun! I think it can help too when you have someone very no nonsense with you, it stops you making excuses not to do something and just get on with it instead - I need this sometimes

Aww she's very pretty.
    What breeding is she? and what height?

Sounds like you had great fun. Its always good to have someone there with a no nonsense attitude who just jumps, pretty much, anything. It makes you man up a bit more and get on with it

She is a friesian x tb and is about 15.1hh but a right chunky monkey! Gave her a wee jump in the arena thismorning and she felt amazing! just checking it wasn't by fluke

Well done sounds like a really successful day! Go Bodi

Quote Originally Posted by Aimie View Post
    She is a friesian x tb and is about 15.1hh but a right chunky monkey! Gave her a wee jump in the arena thismorning and she felt amazing! just checking it wasn't by fluke
    Wow. I expected you to say Connermara x or Welsh x.
    She is beautiful.