Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We entered our first driven show, it was great fun (lots of pics)

Default We entered our first driven show, it was great fun (lots of pics)

Eeeeekk i am still buzzing
    Its a long post so if you dont want to read and just want pics

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=934d825ac8

Took Harry to Kenilworth Show on Saturday for his first ever driven show and it really was a day of firsts ..... first time loading in the lorry alone, first time travelling and at a show alone, first time driving in company, first driven show and first rosettes LOL

We got there in plently of time although i was rather nervous, Harry came of the box chilled as anything and was unputerbed stood watching all the carriages coming off the lorries. First off was the showing class, private driving with a show drive and a section for 2 wheeled exercise vehicles. I was surprised that everyone went straight into the ring without a warm up and we just had a lap walk round before the judge came in.

We all walked and trotted round together then were pulled in, in size order for our show drive. The judge came along and checked our turnout etc and as there were 12 turnouts we wer stood for a while, Harry was very nervous and was shaking a little and it all got a bit much when the shire x next to him started stomping and Harry did a rear (which the judge didnt see), my god i was so upset but everyone was lovely and a couple of others suggested i walked him round and that nobody would think bad of me, which we did and he soon settled. then we were off for our 5 mile drive which was mostly in trot (and we got drenched in the rain).

Round Stoneleigh Park and over a metal bridge which we had to wait for some of the others to be led over, Harry waited back and went over without a blink. He seemed to know where the judge was a strode out beautifully each time we saw him, and kept up with the others perfectly, was very proud. got back and did a foot perfect individual show with rein back, and to cut a long story short we won the 2 wheeled section and qualified for the BDS Championships at Addington !!! Oh god i cried i was very very proud of Harry

Then we had the cones and we only had one ball down !! We had never done any cones before so we were very pleased, and we came 4th out of 12 in this

THEN we all had to go into the main parade ring to show off and were spoken about as we went round, the comentator said some lovely things about us and i heard some really nice comments from spectators as we went round, this made me very proud and all we had was just a little hop when the tannoy went off just as we drove past the speaker lol

Then onto the trec skills and we loved this although we managed 99% of it ok and demolished one part LOL, so we got 5th in this

AND we got a big 6th place overall for the day so we went home tired but very very happy
    Well done if you got this far, i am still buzzing and cant wait tilll the next outing

Oh wow, well done, congratulations

Little man is growing up
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
    [/URL].[/CENTER]

Oh wow well done you and well done Harry!! How amazing for your first outing Driving always looks so smart, your turnout looks beautiful

Have been longreining Hoop and am tempted to maybe in the future get her driving.. Her full brother is Dunkery Bewick who has done very well in the driving scene.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/JuniperZ/Dunkery%20Hoopoe/Hoopysignature.jpg

I love driving so much 8LP, i have never done very well at any equestrian discipline but i feel like have eventually found something i can do and, most importantly, enjoy for once I really am hooked

Unfortunately we got absolutely drenched on the show drive, i was only wearing a vest top and linen jacket so was shivering during the line up LOL, hence our changes of outfit for the main ring parade. But the judge complimented me on my outfit as i was the only one in a summer like turnout, everyone else was in black

Wow, you all look so posh as a team, i agree with 8LP, there's something smart and impressive about driving. Congrats on your amazing results

Oh my gosh. Doesn't he look GORGEOUS Well done to both of you, what a great first outing & hopefully the first of many!

He looks absolutely fantastic! What a credit to you!

Well done!!

'Like' my Facebook page for offers and more information! http://www.facebook.com/PollyGodsafeMcTimoneyEssex

He looks wonderful! Well done to you both
    http://i55.tinypic.com/10dsdhd.jpg
    2001-2011
    Sleep tight Cloud, I miss you more than words can say

Absolutely fantastic!! Well done

Looks so much fun, I must get around to getting Macey back n her cart...

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain."

Wow, well done to the both of you! That is a fantastic result, really enjoyed reading your post- can't wait to hear more!