Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Active back end!!

Default Active back end!!

Grace was a very flat jumper and now Im having to get used to Jacks jumping style which as my RI put it tonight " has a very active back end".

Up to 2ft 9 I never really noticed it as I suppose he didnt have to use himself.

Its not as if it unseats me but tonight I started to think if we jump bigger will the more the active back end l kick in!

I dont think I have any pics and tbh it would probably look alot less active than it feels to me!!
    Anyone else had this issue?

Iv only ever jumped my two horses at this height to compare.

Im sure in months to come I wont even notice

I used to think the higher the jump the faster we needed to canter, I now know thats not the case (thats how my brain thinks) lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Where are the pictures!!!!

You will definately feel the back end come up but when you jump higher you are in the air for longer so get a smoother ride over a fence so it will balance out

do you have back jumping boots on? used to ride Clover in back boots took them off she kept jumping me off!!

If it looks and moves like a cob.. It's a warmblood!!

Quote Originally Posted by steff79 View Post
    do you have back jumping boots on? used to ride Clover in back boots took them off she kept jumping me off!!
    Only Eskadron fetlock boots, do you think that would make a difference?

Quote Originally Posted by *cj* View Post
    Where are the pictures!!!!

You will definately feel the back end come up but when you jump higher you are in the air for longer so get a smoother ride over a fence so it will balance out
    I will try and get some pictures this week,my photographer (husband) is useless in this department

Quote Originally Posted by essexlady View Post
    I will try and get some pictures this week,my photographer (husband) is useless in this department
    Gorillapod???!!

My sisters hanoverian has a very active back end! My friend took him jumping and he jumped her clean out of the saddle over the first fence, she got back on and exactly the same happened again! I was a bit more used to him so I got on and Ive never sat back so much in my life - it took most of the muscles that I have to stay balanced. Once you get used to it and the jumps get a bit bigger it is easier to sit and you do get used to it - practise makes perfect

Quote Originally Posted by X-Rosie-X View Post
    My sisters hanoverian has a very active back end! My friend took him jumping and he jumped her clean out of the saddle over the first fence, she got back on and exactly the same happened again! I was a bit more used to him so I got on and Ive never sat back so much in my life - it took most of the muscles that I have to stay balanced. Once you get used to it and the jumps get a bit bigger it is easier to sit and you do get used to it - practise makes perfect
    Exactly practice makes perfect

He has got no where near getting me out of the saddle and I have very strong legs from running and I think that helps keep me stable.

Maybe Im thinking if I stay out the saddle longer, not sit back so quick, I wont feel the back end so much ?

Yea that makes sense, if you try to stay central a bit longer on landing you might not notice it as much.

I know what you mean...... Lexi really bascules over the fences (this is due to greeness, enjoyment and loads of scope) and has jumped me clean out of the saddle on numerous occassions, to the point that now I NEVER jump without a neck strap! RI has suggested that I only fold a little over the jump, and sit well back on landing!!

My RI has suggested that I jump her regularly, so that she learns to jump more economically, this has worked over x-poles and uprights, but over spreads she ALWAYS stands off and jumps them huge no matter what height.