Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hattie goes XC

What a fab idea! I would love to have the confidence to do a camp haha

Shes looking fab and come on so far

Can I ask what boots shes wearing??

Quote Originally Posted by Rips View Post
    Lovely stuff, Hattie looks lovely and enjoying it too. (and not a bit thin! IMO)
    Thankyou

Quote Originally Posted by BIrish View Post
    Saw these on FB! Great pics! Love the idea of Mums' camp.. They don't do it here I don't think
    It is really good fun (not residential, but over 3 days) and I found it hard work! you should organise one

Quote Originally Posted by Donna1978 View Post
    What a fab idea! I would love to have the confidence to do a camp haha

Shes looking fab and come on so far

Can I ask what boots shes wearing??
    She was wearing a pair of Easyboot gloves because the day before I felt she was backing off from the stones around (and maybe in ) the water and I wanted her to be totally comfortable. Too much grass has made her a bit footie.
    [SIGPIC][CENTER][/CENTER][/SIGPIC]

She looks great!

You have the same BP as me, they are brill!

I have been toying with the idea of getting C some of those hoofboots, they look to be quite lightweight?. Ive tryed Old Mac G2's but C's very fine boned and they looked gigantic on her diddi legs and they weighed quite a lot IMO. Either these or Renegades...........

Quote Originally Posted by poniesrule View Post
    She looks great!

You have the same BP as me, they are brill!

I have been toying with the idea of getting C some of those hoofboots, they look to be quite lightweight?. Ive tryed Old Mac G2's but C's very fine boned and they looked gigantic on her diddi legs and they weighed quite a lot IMO. Either these or Renegades...........
    I have used Renegades on Belle and the grip is rubbish compared to Gloves, with the Gloves you forget you have them on and the sound like bare hooves, but with Renegades you get a slight clatter with them. I wouldn't use renegades on grass.

ummmm. Well i am impressed with how the Gloves look, so it may be worth a go.

Im considering moving to an area with amazing off-road hacking, but it's mainly unclassified country roads which are very stoney. Ive only just broken C in, so she's only used to tarmac, verges and the super surface layed on the dismantled railways (I am spoilt round here!!).

I dont want her to lose confidence and lose the happy willing little horse she is being so far, so I am going down the 'boot route'
    I hope to take her cubbing, so definately wont be looking into those Renegades then-thanks for that honest opinion!.

Quote Originally Posted by poniesrule View Post

I dont want her to lose confidence and lose the happy willing little horse she is being so far, so I am going down the 'boot route'
    I hope to take her cubbing, so definately wont be looking into those Renegades then-thanks for that honest opinion!.
    I have hunted Hattie with the Bloodhounds for 4 hrs in the Gloves with no rubs whatsoever , the going was quite dry though. All my tracks are stoney but we have some great hacking around a local estate on thee headlands

Quote Originally Posted by Clava View Post
    I have hunted Hattie with the Bloodhounds for 4 hrs in the Gloves with no rubs whatsoever , the going was quite dry though. All my tracks are stoney but we have some great hacking around a local estate on thee headlands
    Sounds great fun

The rubbing issue is something that I am a bit worried about. But I was planning on doing some hacking work on good surfaces without them and save the boots for the not so nice surfaces, so she is not always wearing them.

Hopefully if we do move, I will definately be looking for somewhere that offers stabling. Being on grass livery and not being able to restrict her grass intake very easily is part of the reason why she has stop being so rock crunching this summer

Im not sure C will be too impressed with hoof boots though!. She already wears knee boots, brushing boots and over reach boots out hacking! We may have to do some de-accessorizing lol!.

What lovely pics, she is looki g fantastic! Cannot believe that's the same pony that you posted pics of walking of your lorry!

Loving the hind leg action in the water pic
    "Horses - Be to their virtues ever kind and to their faults a little blind"

Gorgeous pics, looks like fun, she's a lovely mare