Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fantastic weekend with Vega and Mocha *video*

Default Fantastic weekend with Vega and Mocha *video*

I think when I'm old, I might look back on this as the best time of my life

There was so much to update and so little time, I have just finished putting 20GB of footage and photos into 'June' so I'm condensing it all into one update.

This is Vega's second week in work, she's coming in for short periods during the day to be handled and mouthed, I visited her at the weekend. I took some shots so later I can compare the 'before' and 'after'

Arriving

In a stable for just the second time in her life!

Her friends in the field

Catching in

Gates no problem! Passing through arena full of strange horses having a lesson, also no issue.

The 'before'

I am 167cm, so I reckon she's about 15'2

...and as wide as she is tall

Enough of Vega

On Sunday, we went to a summer show with BIrish, I think you have all seen the comedy dressage!

Unfortunately, I had issues that morning with Odie ... who refused to be left out, so he lay down in the field and tried to pretend his leg was broken, had to be dragged in, stabled, and he was less then cooperative.

The good horse and the dud horse.

He's fine BTW, he has a nasty abscess behind hinds, its just been persistanly wet and he's rather pathetic.

Ugh!

As a result, we didn't get to do dressage, but had some extra time when we got there which made for a nice relaxing day. We were mainly interested in doing the derby class.

Again, the weather, ground conditions were not in our favour - it was actually a lovely hot sunny day, but there were downpours and showers throughout. As a result I think the organisers kept the course small, it was all on a hill, on short wet slippery grass but we enjoyed it immensely.

I had to take my time for two reasons, the conditions, and also, I had to ride in my glasses.... between the lack of windowscreen wipers, and the fact that they kept sliding down my face... it was interesting!! We had a runout at a water ditch under a log, but apart from that Mocha jumped really well and thoroughly enjoyed herself while I struggled to keep my glasses on my face

Mocha of course used to do a lot of jumping, but we have done very little in the last couple of years, we certainly haven't jumped a course, or any jumps over 60cm, just whatever comes along in Trec. I figured the Derby course would be ok, as its just lots of scary things, a bit like Trec... and I though, what the hell, we'll just give the SJ a bash.

Somebody missed her jumping! She stormed around, went clear even though the last combination was a bit sticky and we got ourselves a lovely red rosette

Again, I had issues with my glasses, watching the headcam playback was interesting ... I seemed to be looking at the sky alot ... you will probably notice some exceedingly dodgy lines in the short clips I included in the video.

I'm well out of practice, so I was thrilled despite feeling like I might throw up immediately after (adrenalin rush!)

Here are 4mins out of a fantastic 4 days

In between all of that, I might have mentioned I had a 'little' project I was working on. It was hard to get my head around, but I guess since the real work started today, its time to introduce...

Mocha's retirement home... someday

Im in love with your project, Id love a project like that!!!

Good idea with the pipe over the doors, I will remember that for the future.

Glasses, you need some elastic round the back of your head.

Cant wait to see Vega's progess And well done to Mocha!
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
    [/URL].[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Loopy View Post
    Glasses, you need some elastic round the back of your head.
    Oh no - never again!!! It was a bit of a nightmare, but Mocha helped me out

That looks like so much fun - love the hatcam video, really makes me feel like I'm there too - nearly went into jumping position on my sofa Some fab prof photos there too. Your new project looks exciting, looking forward to seeing how it turns out
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/JuniperZ/Dunkery%20Hoopoe/Hoopysignature.jpg

I had a contact lense washed out in torrential rain, once That messes up your vision, one good eye and one bad

More about the project?
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
    [/URL].[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by 8-legged-pony View Post
    That looks like so much fun - love the hatcam video, really makes me feel like I'm there too - nearly went into jumping position on my sofa Some fab prof photos there too. Your new project looks exciting, looking forward to seeing how it turns out
    It will probably be a long time before there is anything to show for it! I bought two prints of the SJ and requested the rest as digital copies... I want them all!! I have walls to adorn now!

Quote Originally Posted by Loopy View Post
    I had a contact lense washed out in torrential rain, once That messes up your vision, one good eye and one bad

More about the project?
    2 storey, 3 bed farmhouse built in 1845, with a byre, loft and a carriagehouse, haybarn (not pictured) and 3 acres behind. Less land then I wanted but I fell in love with house and there is land to rent. That ugly flatroofed extension at the back has to come off, and I hope to return the house to its former rusticness!
    Poor photo of the front.

That's Mocha's stable on the end there

Beautiful horses and sounds like you had a fab time. Well done on the red rosette, for some reason my iPhone struggles with vids on posts so I can't see them :-(
    I love love love your project and am very jealous, looks like it has lots of potential and will one day be perfect.

Here's one of the prof pics I bought

Mocha looks fab! Vega looks fab! Odie looks, well, ouch! Poor boy, nothing worse than a nasty abscess!

Project looks amazing too! Do you have somewhere to live whilst you work on it?