Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting really disheartened :( Another one cancelled!

Default Getting really disheartened :( Another one cancelled!

I've saved up a lot of money to join BE this year and to get Harry downgraded so I can compete him at lower levels. I've manged to event once this season so far Everything has been cancelled due to the stupid weather!!! I've entered 4 other events and all of them have been cancelled! I'm fed up of putting so much time and effort and money into each event for it to get cancelled, it's not just the entry fees (which I do get back, but I have to save up a lot of my wage and miss out on doing other stuff) but the lessons and training that goes into preparing for them months in advance
    I know there is nothing they can do about the weather but it's just really starting to **** me off

Pointless moan really

Not pointless. I feel your pain. Its dire.
    Its the same with Shows too, not much luck. Its a relief that refunds are given at least. Nearly July already and if its like this next month as well the whole summer is going to have been a washout
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
    [/URL].[/CENTER]

It's really been awful this year!

I'm hoping to do my first BE event this year (only an BE80T) but the way the weather is going it may not even run! I'd only compete on a ticket as it's not worth me affiliated but I feel so sorry for you guys that have forked out a years membership.

I have been quite lucky in that I've managed 1 ODE and 2 XC's so far this year and the weather has been really good but not hopeful for the next one I have scheduled.

Have been focusing more on dressage and will be doing some more SJ as at least they are guaranteed to run!

I'm trying to convince my mum to take me to some Trailblazers SJ instead and try and qualify for 2nd rounds so at least then i wont have wadted my time bathing him and cleaning my tack and packing the lorry then!

It's been a complete nightmare this year

Sadly everyone is in the same boat and its just down to the blumming weather and where your based. Never known a year like it.

Oh how I miss you, my symphony, played the song that carried you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Char View Post
    It's been a complete nightmare this year
    Loads of events that B has been meaning to go to have been cancelled too. Nothing they can do about it - even Bramham was a bit touch and go as to whether it would be abandoned and they'd been working on the ground there for months!
    Fingers crossed it will dry up soon (but not go too hard!). Hope you get to go SJing instead

Hello,

Ifeel your pain we have had to move shows etc inside and its such a faff re-arranging all the classes to fit in.

But have you seen this may be of some use

Quote Originally Posted by iluvpin View Post
    Hello,

Ifeel your pain we have had to move shows etc inside and its such a faff re-arranging all the classes to fit in.

But have you seen this may be of some use
    Thats forking out another 50 plus silly priced entry fees that I don't have to do something that I don't particularly want to do,

please feel free to give me a slap for being moany hehe!

Quote Originally Posted by NatandShell View Post
    Thats forking out another 50 plus silly priced entry fees that I don't have to do something that I don't particularly want to do,

please feel free to give me a slap for being moany hehe!
    No you are dead right... all that reads to me is 'BE have lost loads of money, so they've decided to make some by charging more fees...'
    Seems like a rip off.

So disappointing isn't it I'm away at uni most of the year so not been able to do much at all until a few weeks ago, so spent loads of time putting in extra training and lessons for me and flynn, which has meant I've missed out doing loads of stuff with friends - I don't mind compromising because I love eventing and haven't been able to do it for ages, but so frustrating when you miss one of your closest friends 19th in london to event the next day only to have it cancelled that morning Not done any BE events yet this year because they've been cancelled - meant we haven't even been able to try to qualify for grassroots now the deadline for the year has been Hopefully got one this tuesday but more rain due!

RIP Adam - 25th October 1990- 8th October 2012