Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting really disheartened :( Another one cancelled!

I know how you feel, my previous five have been called off.

I do endurance and so far out of mote than a dozen possible rides I have managed 3. All of the rest have been cancelled with a couple I pulled out of as Whisps has been lame (hock problems) or I have been 'needed' to help with yard/RDA things. My heart is breaking as Whisps is lame again today.

If it makes you feel any better Nat, I managed to get to two competitions this summer (not eventing), mangled my hand so couldn't compete last weekend, and now we've got strangles on the yard so I won't be able to compete until mid september - when I go back to uni
    I suppose I ought to just be glad that Wilby seems fine, but it's still pretty gutting!

Quote Originally Posted by sarahandbronson View Post
    If it makes you feel any better Nat, I managed to get to two competitions this summer (not eventing), mangled my hand so couldn't compete last weekend, and now we've got strangles on the yard so I won't be able to compete until mid september - when I go back to uni
    I suppose I ought to just be glad that Wilby seems fine, but it's still pretty gutting!
    That is massively gutting Sarah! Poor you at least I should have PC area to look forward to next weekend (if that doesnt get cancelled along with the rest...!)

Yep actually glad that baby pony aint ready for proper comps this year as If E had been fit and well we'd have lost money effort and time on comps. Hoping next year will be kinder as this year has been a washout

Listen, smile, agree and then do whatever the hell you were going to do anyway.

Looks like the next scheduled outing is going to be cancelled as well, not announced yet but its pretty certain
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
    [/URL].[/CENTER]

it is very sad, I have lots of friends affected and not just BE. The dresage venues are doing well out of it here though - as they are the only ones not had to cancel. They've been taking late entries when the BE has been off and the classes have been huge!

However, as Molly's had surgery and our year is written off it is making that a little more bearable for me. All the events I wanted to do this year have been rained off so far - which has helped me feel less sad about the whole thing. Every cloud.....

Seriously though - I do hope it improves for the last pat of the season

Grrr, you know what else is annoying with all the cancelled events? Meant I entered Brightling as soon as I found out Rackham was cancelled, but had to go on the waitlist as the 90 was full already.. I was the second person to go on the waitlist, and one person had already withdrawn from my class, so I assumed that meant the person above me would have that space, so logically I should get the next, as no one else had yet entered. Since then around 20 more people put their names down on the waitlist, but there were no more withdrawals for our class. Today I look and there have been 4 withdrawals, but have I been contacted about being able to run? No. And I checked the numbers for the sections as they have put the drawn orders up, and each section in my class is full, and withdrawn people taken out. Which means that other people on the waitlist have got in instead of me, which is ****** unfair!!!! Probably because I'm only a day ticket holder and they have memberships, but I'm only competing on a ticket because so many events were being cancelled I didn't think it would be worth it to buy a full membership... SO frustrated though, it just doesn't seem fair at all Especially when there are people with loads of horses going in the class, and other people have none. I just want to be able to event this summer!!

RIP Adam - 25th October 1990- 8th October 2012

And another show cancelled,
    Im seriously running out of opportunities, there isnt much left. Pretty gutted.
    [/URL].[/CENTER]

^^ I dont know why the post is like that, I edited it right twice and its just going back
    [/URL].[/CENTER]