Thread: Taking my completely mad pony out XC soon....

Default Taking my completely mad pony out XC soon....

...Oh the joys
    I've always had a confidence issue with jumping, but, sloooowly, its been improving, soo....
    Decided to take my little nutcase out to XC
    When i say nutcase i mean like completely mad..... She has so much energy now shes being ridden less, which of course makes her worse.... and being a ridding school pony she gets lots of kids riding her.... so energetic pony is NOT wanted
    anyways going out to pop some iddy diddy jumps, like tinny logs and a puddle and some twigs, basically
    Bit nervous..... seeing as she's been bombing round the school in a mad gallop all weekend... Sometimes I wonder if I have a death wish when i ride her
    Pic's to follow in a few weeks hopefully, all i can say is wish me luck!

Well done on your confidence improving, it's always a hard thing to do

Best of luck XC but I have to say, if she's that bad is it a good idea to be taking her? Personally I'd want to prepare the horse and make sure they are ready and able to safely get round a course of jumps which are solid fences, regardless of the size of them.

Tx
    "Horses - Be to their virtues ever kind and to their faults a little blind"

She sounds like my kinda pony lol have fun and get lotsa piccies

Listen, smile, agree and then do whatever the hell you were going to do anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiaki View Post
    Well done on your confidence improving, it's always a hard thing to do

Best of luck XC but I have to say, if she's that bad is it a good idea to be taking her? Personally I'd want to prepare the horse and make sure they are ready and able to safely get round a course of jumps which are solid fences, regardless of the size of them.

Tx
    Shes better once she gets her energy out, and doing some prep as best we can using twigs, filllers, scary pony-eating things etc
    Rode again today and she was much much much better, still a nice bouncy forward canter ( not gallop which i was pleased at ) and jumping everything like a right of professional dunno what caused her to be like that but hey what can i say.... she is totally barmy when i turned her out again she stood still for ages, staring into space... so yeah shes normal