Thread: Another Tweseldown Report!

Default Another Tweseldown Report!

Yay, finally an event that wasn't cancelled!

Well my poor pony hasn't been out since April as his last 5 events have been called off so he was a bit crazy yesterday! However I was v. Happy with him.

We did the BE100 and I got on him an hour before his test as he can be a bit naughty In the warm up. He had his moments but did some beautiful work and ended up leading the section after dressage on a 24 !!

Unfortunately his excitement got the better of him in the Showjumping so after numerous motorbike turns and rodeo impressions, we got in too deep to the last two fences and had them down, but jumping is usually his best phase so I wasn't too worried.

He was great on the cross country too, very focused and enjoyable to ride. the ground was quite boggy in places though so I didn't let him go as fast as he would have liked but we finished on a lovely clear with a couple of time faults. Next outing in 2 weeks! (hopefully!)

have you got any pics as im going to do the 100 at their UA Ode in August

Fab dressage Where is it you're off to next?

All the cancelled events are a pain - one of B's horses was aiming for the 6yr old champs but it has yet to get to a novice because every single one she'd entered has been cancelled!

Dauntsey hopefully! That's exactly where my boy was supposed to be going, but even if he manages to qualify beforehand he'll be way too unprepared.

At least I will keep the ride now though!

Nottingham (Uni)/Llandrindod Wells (Home)

I think everyone I know in the village flocked to Tweseldown this week, it was a ghost town!!

Well done, sounds like he's going really well!

CJ - I did my first PN at Tweseldown and it's lovely. The summer ones tend to be a bit bigger than the spring ones but both are fair and always ride really well. I do have pics but they are from Spring 2009, can't believe it's been that long!!

Its a lovely Pre-Novice, here is the prof. photo I ordered.

Fantastic photo!
    [SIGPIC][CENTER][/CENTER][/SIGPIC]

Love the photo, glad it went well!

RIP Adam - 25th October 1990- 8th October 2012

Nottingham (Uni)/Llandrindod Wells (Home)

How lovely to see a snaffle, cavesson and no martingale!! And what a beauty he is

Quote Originally Posted by StormyJ View Post
    How lovely to see a snaffle, cavesson and no martingale!! And what a beauty he is
    Thankyou

I hate gadgets, I feel bad enough having to put a flash in him for the dressage to stop his tongue coming over the bit!