Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I don't normally do these type of threads...

Default I don't normally do these type of threads...

but I've got to say how proud I am of Wildebeast yearling So this is a pointless and rambling 'I love my pony' thread, sorry about that

She has her first excursion the other day and was a complete and utter star...more

A lot of firsts for her, and she handled everything better than I could have hoped. Firstly, she went up to a livery yard for the night, getting there meant going on the roads for the first time, had her first bath, and her first time with trimmers having her beardy off. She was brilliant
    She was really well behaved on a strange yard on her own for the evening, and even lay down for a sleep judging by the flattened straw, which as shes not been in a stable since she was a few days old I was pleased about.

The next day she had her first big girl plaits in (which were pretty abysmal I must say, my finger joints kept locking, very weird ).
    We allowed an extra couple of hours to get to where we were going as its her first proper time out in the trailer, in case there was a problem with loading. She had some sessions of trailer loading practise a few weeks ago culminating in a 5 minute ride up the road and back with her mother. She went straight on, no hesitation. I was so proud of her

She was a bit sweaty when we arrived (approx 1 hour journey) so I sponged her down a bit and tidied her up, then as we were so early () she learnt about standing tied to a trailer for a couple of hours. Shes only been tied up a couple of times to train her whats expected, as I dont have much reason to tie her up normally, and she happily stood there like an absolute old pro, watching the wagons and strange horses.

On the way home I thought she might be more difficult to load, after travelling on her own for the first time I thought she might be a bit windy, but no, she went straight back on again (after trying to load herself before I was ready for her).
    We took her back to the yard to take her plaits out etc., then bunged her back on the trailer to take her home again, she had a little boing when she got back in the field then settled down to the important stuff...eating grass

Much love

The other yearling was very jealous she hadnt had all the attention and was following me trying to stick her head in the headcollar

So, pointless ramble on my part, sorry about that, but Im so pleased with her
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
    [/URL].[/CENTER]

Ah brilliant, sounds like she was a star No pics ?
    http://i55.tinypic.com/10dsdhd.jpg
    2001-2011
    Sleep tight Cloud, I miss you more than words can say

Not on my camera, some on OH's, so I may never see them again
    [/URL].[/CENTER]

Superb!! Well done wildebeast! What a clever girly!

Their beauty captures every eye, a gift from God for all mankind, they lend us wings so we may fly, to ride a horse is to ride the sky

Touchstone Floinn - Purebred graded ID stallion available for stud.

Rest In Peace Minstrel. 08.03.1998 - 31.01.2013 I will love you forever my own black beauty.
    Rest in Peace Stranduff Nichol 08.05.2014 - 19.11.2015 Goodnight little man.

She is, was so happy with her all day.
    [/URL].[/CENTER]

Ahh shes coming on in leaps and bounds! I can still remember her little roar (well whatever the hell that sound was ) Shes gorgeous as well, a real credit to you! I'll come up during the holidays sometime, will be after the hen party (not mine dont worry!) on the 4th august and I shall bring treats

that's fabulous, glad she was so good! Sounds like a great day

Was really fun TT, but my sunburn is something to behold today

Sounds good Donna, bring treats for the horses too!
    [/URL].[/CENTER]

Aww bless My yearling also had the same experience last weekend and was also a little angel (although it was only a 15 min journey)

there is nothing wrong with a happy, everything going well thread. I'd much rather read those than ones about naughty ponies! But with pics next time please!