Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hello, new filly!

Default hello, new filly!

I've not been here for ages as my poor horse was killed early this year and I had decided on a complete break from equines. However I haven't lasted very long and have bought myself a coblet! Thought I'd post pics and get some opinions of her. I wanted her as soon as I saw the photos online but she is a bit thin and had been out on the lincolnshire wash, so probably hasn't had the best of starts. She is meant to make 14hh + but I'm not so sure. She measures approx' 12.3 ad she is a year and a few months old now. What do peeps on here think she might make? I haven't seen mum or dad and have to apply for a passport! Doh, only found out she didn't have one when she was delivered!

I ride well, I enjoy my horses but I don't chase british wildlife for fun. End of.

She has such a kind face

She sounds like she will make 14/14.1hh. But it's really hard to tell with youngsters, she may surprise you

You could do the sting test- measure her from her knee to the coronet band, and that should equate roughly to what she will make as an adult . Loopy did a thread on it a while ago, and it proved to be a fairly accurate method (although I keep forgetting to do my pair!).

Too cute!!!! I like very much

R.I.P Mickey - 1996 - 31st May 2012

gorgeous markings! My little man was 11.3 at about her age and is now 13.1hh so i'd say its definitly possible she could hit 14hh

She's very sweet looking

Oh she's beautiful! I'm not a coloured cob person but I think she's stunning!

Smile because it happened.
    Jimmy 2003-2011

Sorry to hear about your horse.
    She is gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by igloo View Post
    Oh she's beautiful! I'm not a coloured cob person but I think she's stunning!
    lol, nor am I normally! I had a cob once and he was the trimmed and hogged variety, it must be old age as the last horse was an ex racer. He did put me in a coma for three weeks though so I think the change might do me good. I think I might have her as a traditional, unless all the mud drives me nuts over the winter!
    I ride well, I enjoy my horses but I don't chase british wildlife for fun. End of.

She looks a sweetie. Good luck & enjoy her
    Native pony addict!