Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anyone been on a Cotswold farm park fun ride ???

Quote Originally Posted by debsandpets
    Our boys don't really jump (never been trained to do so being cattle horses and all, but have been messing about in the field at home with them and they have tried their little hearts out for us, so willing to give it a go over proper fences - albeit little ones).
    Hopefully, family things don't get in the way on Saturday and we can make it this Sunday for a bit of fun and a laugh with the horses :-)
    You don't need to jump to enjoy it, it's mostly off road and is gorgeous scenery/country but there are plenty of little logs etc as well as bigger stuff

Thanks Cinnabar, I was hoping the sizes could be clarified !!! Hoping our boys will take to some of the jumps ....... Willing to have a go, but may need a lead on occasions - hopefully someone will be willing in that event lol

Is it a mad frantic one? Me and my daughter are going to go soon but my daughters pony is only 5 and it will be his first fun ride am a little worried we will be galloped past?!
    My horse is also a bit strong so I don't particularly want to be going flat out.
    Op- everyone I know has been and absolutely loved it!
    Wanted 6'6 turnouts for bit of a rug ripper so cheaper rather than quality is best!

It's as good as the people who turn up I guess. I've been many times and been galloped past once but generally it's not too mad. Maybe go later on so there are less kids on ponies, as they tend to be the problem as they don't ask before coming past!

We had a great day there. The weather was the best we have had for some time, and boy did the horses suffer for it. Very hot day, and I even ended up getting off for a bit to give Nico a bit of a rest uphill. We have discovered that the boys can jump - sort of - and we didn't fall off either, which is always a bonus. And the course was great mostly, apart from the bit in the woods next to the car park, which we won't go through again due to VERY deep mud !!!!!!! Other than that the ground was fab as was the scenery, although I think our horses need to be a bit fitter :-o
    @Harlequin - Anyone who either wanted to go past or who we passed simply asked everyone else if they were ok if they, or we cantered off in front etc. all very polite with no mad gallopers off into the distance. There were some racehorses going round it too - currently in training by the looks of things that hacked over to the farm.
    Jumps were great ranging from poles and branches on the ground to some purpose made XC jumps upto about 3foot I guess. Some very nice trees to jump too and pretty much everything inbetween too.
    We are hoping to go back again on Sept 9th as we enjoyed it so much this time round :-)